This set of Dairy Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Basic Chemical Concepts – 2”.
1. Atoms of the same element or of different elements combine into larger units which are called ______
Explanation: A molecule represents the smallest fundamental unit of a chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction. A molecule is a group of atoms bonded together.
2. C3H603 is the chemical formula for _____
a) Ascorbic Acid
b) Lactic Acid
c) Tartaric Acid
Explanation: Lactic acid has the following chemical formula. It can be breakdown using Lactic acid bacteria for fermentation.
3. Modern model of the atom shows that electrons are the outside nucleus in a region of high _______
d) Energy level
Explanation: Modern model of the atom shows that electrons are the outside nucleus. They are present in the region of high probability.
4. Chemical symbol is the representation of _______
a) Chemical formula
b) Molecular formula
c) Structural formula
d) Atomic Formula
Explanation: Chemical Symbol represents a chemical formula. Molecular formula is a chemical formula that gives the total number of atoms of each element in each molecule of a substance.
5. Smaller particles in atom are called ________
a) Atomic Particles
b) Sub-atomic particles
c) Smaller Particles
d) Neutral Particles
Explanation: Sub atomic particles are any of numerous subatomic constituents of the physical world that interact with each other, including electrons, neutrinos, photons, and alpha particles.
6. Most part of the atom is _______
Explanation: Major part of the atom is void. Nucleus carries proton and neutron responsible for most of the weight of the atom.
7. Number of Protons and electrons in an atom are _______
Explanation: An atom has an equal number of protons and electrons. They are fixed.
8. An electric field deflects beams of _______
d) Protons and electrons
Explanation: An electric field deflects the beams of both positively charged protons and negatively charged electrons.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Dairy Engineering.
To practice all areas of Dairy Engineering, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!