This set of Software Engineering Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “Object Oriented Software Design – 2”.
1. How many layers are present in the OO design pyramid?
Explanation: The four layers are: Subsystem layer, class and object layer, message layer and responsibilities layer
2. Which of the following early OOD methods incorporates both a “micro development process” and a “macro development process.” ?
a) Booch method
b) Rumbaugh method
c) Wirfs-Brock method
d) Coad and Yourdon method
Explanation: The macro development process includes the architectural planning and micro developments process defines rules that govern the use of operations and attributes and the domain-specific
policies for memory management, error handling, and other infrastructure
3. Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh, and Ivar Jacobson combined the best features of their individual object-oriented analysis into a new method for object oriented design known as
Explanation: The Unified Modeling Language (UML) has become
widely used throughout the industry as the standard approach to OOD.
4. A design description of an object is known as a class
d) both instance and object
5. Which of the following is conceptually similar to objects?
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: A package is a namespace that organizes a set of related classes and interfaces.
6. A design description in OOD includes
a) Protocol Description
b) Implementation Description
c) Type Description
d) both Protocol and Implementation Description
7. Which of the following is not an operation as per OOD algorithms and data structures?
a) operations that manipulate data in some way
b) operations that perform a computation
c) operations that check for syntax errors
d) operations that monitor an object for the occurrence of a controlling event
Explanation: Option c is incorrect as it is concerned with the programming language used, so it will be handled by the compiler.
8. Throughout the OOD process, a software engineer should look for every opportunity for creating new design process.
Explanation: A software engineer should look for every opportunity to reuse existing design patterns whenever they meet the needs of the design rather than creating new ones.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.