This set of Tricky Fluid Mechanics Questions and Answers focuses on “Manning’s Equation – 2”.
1. The area of a circular section which is running half full is 19.625m2 and the value of the chezy’s constant is 60.
2. A circular section which is (3/4)th full is having a wetted perimeter of 9.42m. Calculate the value of C if n is equal to 0.025.
3. The dimensions of a rectangular channel section are 3m in width and 1m in depth. Calculate the average shear stress if the bed slope of the channel is 1 in 500.
a) 9.772 N/m2
4. Calculate the bed slope of a triangular channel having depth 12m and side slope of 1H:6V if the average shear stress is 9.6138 N/m2.
a) 1 in 500
b) 1 in 1000
c) 1 in 1500
d) 1 in 2000
5. The average shear stress for a circular channel running full is 32.7N⁄m2 and the diameter of the channel is 8m then calculate the bed slope of the channel.
a) 1 in 500
b) 1 in 600
c) 1 in 700
d) 1 in 800
6. Determine the average shear stress of a trapezoidal channel having base width 6m, depth 5m and side slope 1H:3V if the bed slope of the channel is 1 in 700.
7. Estimate the value of Chezy’s constant if the value of the friction factor is 0.031.
8. Calculate the average shear stress if the friction factor is 0.28 and velocity of flow is 1.5m⁄s.
9. Calculate the conveyance of a rectangular channel having depth 0.5m and width 0.8m. C = 50.
Explanation: Conveyance (K) = AC√R
A = By = 0.4m2
P = B+2y = 1.8m
R = 0.22m
K = 0.4(50)√0.22
K = 9.42 m3/s.
10. Determine the conveyance of a trapezoidal channel having depth 3m, width 9m, side slope 1H:2V and the manning’s co efficient is 0.03.
11. Determine the conveyance of a triangular section having area 30m^2 and perimeter 15m. (C = 40)
12. Estimate the conveyance of a circular channel of diameter 0.7m having manning’s co efficient equal to 0.012.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice Tricky questions and answers on all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.