This set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Most Economic Circular Section – 1”.
1. Estimate the wetted perimeter of a circular channel having radius R and depth d, if the angle subtended at the centre is Ɵ.
4. A circular channel section has water at a depth of 2m and the radius of the section is 4m, calculate the wetted area of the channel.
5. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a circular channel if the depth of water is 2m and radius is 5m.
6. Calculate the hydraulic radius of a circular channel having depth 6m and radius 4m.
7. Calculate the discharge through a circular channel section if the depth is 5m, radius of the circular section is 3m and the bed slope is 1 in 1000. Given: C = 50.
a) 25.74 m3/s
b) 26.74 m3/s
c) 27.74 m3/s
d) 28.74 m3/s
8. Estimate the discharge through a circular channel section having radius 4m and depth 3m if the channel bed slope is 1 in 2000. Given: n = 0.015.
a) 15.8 m3/s
b) 16.8 m3/s
c) 17.8 m3/s
d) 18.8 m3/s
9. Calculate the hydraulic radius of a circular channel if the radius is 6m and the central angle is 70°.
10. The hydraulic radius of a circular channel section is 0.33m, calculate the radius of the channel if the central angle is 60°.
11. The discharge through a circular channel section is 14.67m3/s and the velocity of flow is 1.47m/s, calculate the radius of the section if Ɵ = 75°.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.