This set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Most Economic Circular Section – 1”.
1. Estimate the wetted perimeter of a circular channel having radius R and depth d, if the angle subtended at the centre is Ɵ.
4. A circular channel section has water at a depth of 2m and the radius of the section is 4m, calculate the wetted area of the channel.
5. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a circular channel if the depth of water is 2m and radius is 5m.
6. Calculate the hydraulic radius of a circular channel having depth 6m and radius 4m.
7. Calculate the discharge through a circular channel section if the depth is 5m, radius of the circular section is 3m and the bed slope is 1 in 1000. Given: C = 50.
a) 25.74 m3/s
b) 26.74 m3/s
c) 27.74 m3/s
d) 28.74 m3/s
8. Estimate the discharge through a circular channel section having radius 4m and depth 3m if the channel bed slope is 1 in 2000. Given: n = 0.015.
a) 15.8 m3/s
b) 16.8 m3/s
c) 17.8 m3/s
d) 18.8 m3/s
9. Calculate the hydraulic radius of a circular channel if the radius is 6m and the central angle is 70°.
10. The hydraulic radius of a circular channel section is 0.33m, calculate the radius of the channel if the central angle is 60°.
11. The discharge through a circular channel section is 14.67m3/s and the velocity of flow is 1.47m/s, calculate the radius of the section if Ɵ = 75°.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!