This set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Geometrical Properties of Triangular Section – 1”.
1. What is the wetted area for a triangular channel having depth y and the side slope being Z?
d) Z2 y
The Area of the Triangle = (½) (base) (height)
Base = Zy+Zy = 2Zy
Area = (1/2) (2Zy) (y)
Area = Zy2.
3. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a triangular section having a depth of 4m and the side slope is1H:1V.
4. Estimate the wetted area of a triangular channel having a depth of 5m and the side slope is 2H:1V.
Explanation: Wetted area = Zy2
5. What is the top width of a triangular channel having a depth y and side slope Z?
Explanation: Top width = (Zy+Zy)
6. Determine the hydraulic depth of a triangular channel having the side slope Z and depth y.
7. Estimate the top width of a triangular channel having a side slope of 1H:2V and depth of 5m.
Explanation: Top Width = 2Zy
Top Width = (2)(1/2)(5)
Top Width = 5m.
10. Calculate the section factor a triangular channel section having side slope 1H:4V and depth of 8m.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!