This set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Geometrical Properties of Triangular Section – 1”.
1. What is the wetted area for a triangular channel having depth y and the side slope being Z?
d) Z2 y
The Area of the Triangle = (½) (base) (height)
Base = Zy+Zy = 2Zy
Area = (1/2) (2Zy) (y)
Area = Zy2.
3. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a triangular section having a depth of 4m and the side slope is1H:1V.
4. Estimate the wetted area of a triangular channel having a depth of 5m and the side slope is 2H:1V.
Explanation: Wetted area = Zy2
5. What is the top width of a triangular channel having a depth y and side slope Z?
Explanation: Top width = (Zy+Zy)
6. Determine the hydraulic depth of a triangular channel having the side slope Z and depth y.
7. Estimate the top width of a triangular channel having a side slope of 1H:2V and depth of 5m.
Explanation: Top Width = 2Zy
Top Width = (2)(1/2)(5)
Top Width = 5m.
10. Calculate the section factor a triangular channel section having side slope 1H:4V and depth of 8m.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.