This set of Advanced Fluid Mechanics Questions and Answers focuses on “Geometrical Properties of Triangular Section – 2”.
1. Determine the Hydraulic depth for a triangular channel having side slope of 1H:3V and depth 15m.
Explanation: Hydraulic Depth = y/2
2. Calculate the Hydraulic Radius for a triangular channel having side slope 2H:4V and a depth of 3m.
3. The Hydraulic Depth of a triangular channel is 5m, calculate the normal depth of the channel.
Explanation: D = y/2
y = 2D = 10m.
4. The hydraulic radius of a triangular section is 0.45m and the normal depth of the channel is 2m, calculate the side slope of the channel.
5. The ratio between hydraulic radius and hydraulic depth of a triangular channel is 31/100, calculate the side slope of the channel.
6. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a triangular channel section having a depth of 5m and the side slope is equal to tan 30°.
7. The discharge of water through a triangular section is 90m3⁄s and velocity of flow is 5 m⁄s. Calculate the hydraulic depth of the channel having a side slope 1⁄2.
8. The top width of a triangular channel section is 4m and the depth of the section is 8m, calculate the wetted perimeter of the channel.
Explanation: Area = (5 tan60°)(5)
Area = 43.3m2.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice advanced questions and answers on all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!