This set of Advanced Fluid Mechanics Questions and Answers focuses on “Geometrical Properties of Triangular Section – 2”.
1. Determine the Hydraulic depth for a triangular channel having side slope of 1H:3V and depth 15m.
Explanation: Hydraulic Depth = y/2
2. Calculate the Hydraulic Radius for a triangular channel having side slope 2H:4V and a depth of 3m.
3. The Hydraulic Depth of a triangular channel is 5m, calculate the normal depth of the channel.
Explanation: D = y/2
y = 2D = 10m.
4. The hydraulic radius of a triangular section is 0.45m and the normal depth of the channel is 2m, calculate the side slope of the channel.
5. The ratio between hydraulic radius and hydraulic depth of a triangular channel is 31/100, calculate the side slope of the channel.
6. Calculate the wetted perimeter of a triangular channel section having a depth of 5m and the side slope is equal to tan 30°.
7. The discharge of water through a triangular section is 90m3⁄s and velocity of flow is 5 m⁄s. Calculate the hydraulic depth of the channel having a side slope 1⁄2.
8. The top width of a triangular channel section is 4m and the depth of the section is 8m, calculate the wetted perimeter of the channel.
Explanation: Area = (5 tan60°)(5)
Area = 43.3m2.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice advanced questions and answers on all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.