This set of Fluid Mechanics Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Critical Flow in Different Channel Sections – 1”.
6. Calculate the critical depth of a rectangular channel having width 3m and the discharge through it is 15 m3/s.
7. Calculate the total discharge through a rectangular channel having critical depth of 1.18m and the base width of the channel is 4m.
a) 16 m3/s
b) 20 m3/s
c) 24 m3/s
d) 28 m3/s
8. Calculate the minimum specific energy of a rectangular channel having critical depth of 1.5m.
Explanation: Minimum specific energy Ec = 3⁄2 yc = 2.25m.
9. The base width of a rectangular channel is 4m and the maximum discharge through the channel is 10 m3/s, calculate the specific energy.
10. The minimum specific energy of a rectangular channel is 1.3m and the base width of the channel is 10m, calculate the discharge through the channel.
a) 10 m3/s
b) 15 m3/s
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Fluid Mechanics.
To practice all areas of Fluid Mechanics, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.