Pre-requisite / Skillset for Power Plant Engineering Internship
1. Intern should be able to comprehend various equipment/systems utilized in power plants.
2. Should be familiar with site selection methodology, construction and operation of Hydro Electric Power Plants.
3. Require knowledge of working, site selection, advantages, disadvantages of steam power plants.
4. Being familiar with operation of Combined Cycle Power Plants.
5. Should be aware of types of reactors, waste disposal issues in nuclear power plants.
6. Ability to illustrate power plant economics.
7. Must be familiar with the different sources of power generation and their impact on environment.
8. Require knowledge on the elements of power generation using fossil fuels.
9. Require knowledge on the elements of power generation using nuclear and renewable energy sources.
10. Must be familiar with the concepts of electrical systems used in power plants.
11. Able to apply the basic concepts of thermodynamics to measure the performance of different power plants.
12. Should be aware of performance of power plants based on load variations.
13. Must have knowledge on the layout, construction and working of the components inside a thermal power plant, renewable energy power plants, nuclear power plants, diesel, gas and combined cycle power plants.
14. Should be familiar with the applications of power plants and knowledge on power plant economics and environmental hazards and estimate the costs of electrical energy production.
Power Plant Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Power Plant Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Power Plant Engineering topic.
1. Shaft work is fed to __________ for getting an electrical output.
Explanation: The flow in a Steam Power Plant follows the sequence, Source-Shaft-Generator.
2. Which of these factors don’t cause Internal Irreversibility of a Rankine cycle?
(C) Fluid Friction
(D) Fluid flow
Explanation: The Rankine cycle is an Irreversible cycle. For a cycle to be irreversible naturally throttling, mixing & friction in fluids are the factors that cause this Irreversibility.
3. Which of the following contributes to the improvement of efficiency of Rankine cycle in a Thermal Power Plant?
(A) reheating of steam at intermediate stage
(B) regeneration use of steam for heating Boiler feed water
(C) use of high pressures
(D) all of the mentioned
Explanation: The regenerative features effectively raise the nominal cycle heat input temperature, by reducing the addition of heat from the Boiler/fuel source at the relatively low feedwater temperatures that would exist without regenerative feedwater heating.
4. Which of the following is not a component of Brayton cycle?
(B) Combustion Chamber
Explanation: Pump is used in Rankine cycle to circulate water from Condenser to Boiler.
5. The temperature to which air must be cooled in order to become saturated is the ___________
(A) minimum temperature
(B) dew point temperature
(C) wet-bulb temperature
(D) freezing point
Explanation: The dew point is the temperature at which the water vapour in air at constant barometric pressure condenses into liquid water at the same rate at which it evaporates.
Practice the full set of Power Plant Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Power Plant Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Power Plant Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Power Plant Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Power Plant Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Power Plant Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Power Plant Engineering".
2. Power Plant Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Power Plant Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Power Plant Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Power Plant Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Power Plant Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Power Plant Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Power Plant Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Power Plant Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Power Plant Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Power Plant Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Power Plant Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Power Plant Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Power Plant Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Power Plant Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Power Plant Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Power Plant Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Power Plant Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Power Plant Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Power Plant Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Power Plant Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]