This set of Applied Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Applications of Nano Materials”.
1. For high sensitivity or selectivity environmental sensors to sense the gaseous chemical like _________
Explanation: For high sensitivity or selectivity environmental sensors to sense the gaseous chemical like NO. The other gases are that are to be sensed is CO, NO, NO2 and O3 in high traffic environments are fabricated.
2. The nano materials are used in the light emitted electro luminescence devices.
Explanation: The nano particles are used in the light electro luminescence devices. The find application in flat panel display technologies like television, computer monitor etc.
3. The synthesized magnetic nano particles from _________ have been found to self-arrange automatically.
Explanation: The synthesized magnetic nano particles from iron and palladium have been found to self arrange automatically. These materials are extensively used in manufacture of magnetic devices.
4. The nano particles from iron and palladium are used to produce ________
b) Magnetic lens
c) Magneto meters
d) Magnetic storage devices
Explanation: The nano particles from iron and palladium were synthesized and they are used to produce the magnetic storage devices. They produce only tetra byte storage capabilities.
5. Nano particles target the rare _______ causing cells and remove them from blood.
Explanation: Nano particles target the rare tumour causing cells and remove them completely from the blood stream. They are also used in the many other drugs.
6. ___________is the field in which the nano particles are used with silica coated iron oxide iron oxide.
a) Magnetic applications
c) Medical diagnosis
d) Structural and mechanical materials
Explanation: Medical diagnosis is the field in which the nano particles are used with silica coated iron oxide iron oxide. They are embedded with magnetic colloidal particles sent into the blood stream.
7. DNA detection through the ___________ by using the oligonucleotide functionalised gold nano crystals is developed.
c) Electro therapy
d) Treatment tables
Explanation: DNA detection through the colorimetric technique by using the oligonucleotide functionalised gold nano crystals is developed. The nano particles are at where anti bodies react and binds the hormone and move rapidly.
8. Coating the nano crystals with the ceramics is carried that leads to ________
b) Corrosion resistant
c) Wear and tear
Explanation: Coating the nano crystals with the ceramics is carried that leads to the corrosion resistant and hard and wear resistant and ambient ductility.
9. The __________ to the ceramics are superior coatings.
a) Nano particles
b) Nano powder
c) Nano crystals coating
d) Nano gel
Explanation: The nano particles coatings to the ceramics are superior coatings. They make the ceramics corrosion resistant.
10. _________ of ceramic components are easier through nano structuring.
Explanation: The fabrication of the ceramics is easier through the nano structuring. Fabrication is the process of producing the things.
11. By nano scale distribution of the _______ in matrix improves the life and performance.
Explanation: By the nano scale distribution of the tungsten in matrix. The matrix contains tungsten carbide that improves the life and performance of cutting tool materials.
12. Industrial catalysts should have _________ surface area.
Explanation: Industrial catalysts should have the high surface area. They should also have the capacity to attach any material to their surface.
13. The extensively used nano particles as catalyst is_________
Explanation: The extensively used nano particles as catalyst are gold. Some of them are molybdenum, cerium oxide and nickel.
14. Due to _________ tensile strength some of the nano materials are used in air crafts.
Explanation: Dye to the high tensile strength some of the nano materials are used in air crafts. One of them is carbon nano tubes. They are used in the air crafts.
15. Fabrics are extensively made out of nano materials like ___________
a) Carbon nano tubes
c) Mega tubes
Explanation: Fabrics are extensively made out of nano materials like fullerenes. The sports goods and cleaning products are also made out of them.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Applied Chemistry.
To practice all areas of Applied Chemistry, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.