This set of Applied Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Methods of Synthesis”.
1. The atom economy obtained for green synthesis is in the range of _________
Explanation: The atom economy obtained for green synthesis is in the range of 72-82%. If the reaction is rearrangement reaction then the % of atom economy is mostly 100%.
2. Micro fluid reactor will minimise _________
a) Solvent waste
c) No. of molecules
d) No. of collisions
Explanation: Micro fluid reactor is used to minimise the solvent waste. When the reaction takes place there will be a product sometimes useful by sometimes unnecessary. Such waste must be reduced.
3. Green synthesis method is ________ than the conventional method.
a) More costlier
b) More efficient
d) Less efficient
Explanation: Green synthesis method is more efficient than the conventional method. So, the green synthesis method is selected now a days.
4. In petrochemical industry, both in conventional method and green synthesis what is the first product obtained?
a) 2-ethyl benzene
c) Methyl methacrylate
d) 2-methyl propyl benzene
Explanation: In petrochemical industry, both in conventional method and green synthesis, 2-methyl propyl benzene is the first product obtained. All the other elements may produce later in some case.
5. In conventional method _________ is used.
Explanation: In the conventional method AlCl3 is used. All the other elements are not supposed to be used in these reactions.
6. What is the starting material for nylon 6-6 is _________
a) Acetic anhydride
b) 2-methyl propyl benzene
c) Adipic acid
d) Nitric acid
Explanation: The starting material for producing the nylon 6-6 is adipic acid. It is prepared from poly condensation of hexaethylene diamine and adipic acid.
7. In green synthesis by avoiding harmful by products the catalyst used is _________
c) Cyclo hexane
d) Adipic acid
Explanation: In green synthesis by avoiding harmful by products the catalyst used is Tungsten. All the other are cyclic elements. They produce some harmful materials as they are carbon compounds.
8. In green synthetic methods, the high quality product with no ________ are produced.
a) Good products
Explanation: In green synthetic methods, the high quality product with no contamination is produced. The main aim is to avoid contamination or pollution.
9. The green synthesis methods should have _______
a) Low efficiency
b) High harmful by products
c) Low energy requirements
d) Low atom efficiency
Explanation: The green synthesis mainly gives the good product with less cost and more standard and no toxic materials. So, the energy required will be less.
10. The di-basic acid is used in its ________
a) Impure form
b) Pure form
c) Solid state
d) Liquid form
Explanation: The di-basic acid is used in its pure form. Its melting point is 152.1oC. In preparation of the nylon 6-6, the first step is to prepare the salt.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Applied Chemistry.
To practice all areas of Applied Chemistry, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.