This set of Applied Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Principles of Green Chemistry”.
1. The principles of green chemistry include the eliminating the ________ treatments.
Explanation: The principles of green chemistry include the eliminating of costly treatments. It makes the reactions with less cost and no toxic materials.
2. One of the principles of green chemistry says that to produce _______ goods.
d) Most used
Explanation: One of the principles of green chemistry says that the produced goods must be safe. That means the goods must be not harmful for environment.
3. After the use of chemicals, we must ______ them properly.
Explanation: After the use of chemicals, we must dispose them properly. The empty chemical containers should not be reused because they are toxic and if they are not disposed properly, they create the environmental pollution.
4. Green chemistry applies across the __________ of a chemical product like design, manufacture and use.
a) Life cycle
Explanation: Green chemistry applies across the life cycle of a chemical product like design, manufacture and use. It says that manufacturing should be done without any pollution.
5. We must use feedstock derived from annually renewable resources or from _______
b) Organic compounds
c) Abundant waste
Explanation: We must use feedstock derived from annually renewable resources or from abundant wastes. The wastes are utilised back.
6. Green chemistry improves __________ of chemical manufacturers.
b) Easiness of production
Explanation: Green chemistry improves competitiveness of chemical manufacturers. The products are of low cost and good quality. So, it improves the competition.
7. It reduces the use of _________
a) liquid fuels
c) Gaseous fuels
d) Solid fuels
Explanation: It reduces the use of the energy. The less consumption of energy also reduces the cost of production. So, the product will be available at low costs.
8. It reduces the ______ and protects the environment.
Explanation: It reduces the pollution and protects the environment. By green synthesis, the products that are non-hazards to the nature are produced. So, no pollution takes place.
9. According to the green chemistry, the chemical involved in the production must be ________
a) Non toxic
c) Highly toxic
d) Produces the toxic by products
Explanation: According to the green chemistry, the chemical involved in the production must be nontoxic.
10. The green synthesis methods should have _________
a) Low efficiency
b) High harmful products
c) Low energy requirements
d) Low atom efficiency
Explanation: The green synthesis methods should have high efficiency, less harmful products, low energy requirements and high atom efficiency.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Applied Chemistry.
To practice all areas of Applied Chemistry, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.