This set of IOT Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Application of Fog Computing”.
1. Fog computing is utilized to _________ all debris into a single platform.
Explanation: Some tasks require large amount of computation and storage, eg., real time video analytics, are infeasible due to the limited capacity of hardware. To solve these problems, fog computing is utilized to integrate all debris into a single platform.
2. OpenFog Consortium defines and extends the application of _______ computing.
a) Mist computing
b) Edge computing
c) Cloud computing
d) Mobile Cloud computing
Explanation: OpenFog Consortium defines and extends the application of fog computing.
3. Cloud computing must work _______ with fog computing to provide a seamless end to end customer experiences.
d) Multiple services
Explanation: Cloud computing must work seamlessly with fog computing to provide a seamless end to end customer experiences, said Antunes.
4. Fog computing works well in cloud based _______ panel
Explanation: Fog computing works well in a cloud based control plane to provide control and broader insight across a large numbers of nodes.
5. Challenges can be addressed within a single IoT network by _______
a) Fog node
b) Cloud node
Explanation: Large cities face challenges from traffic congestion, public safety, high energy use. These challenges can be addressed within a single IoT network by installing a network of fog node.
6. Lack of broadband _______ and connectivity is a major issue in establishing smart cities.
Explanation: A lack of broadband bandwidth and connectivity is a major issue in establishing smart cities. While most of the modern cities have one or more cellular networks providing adequate coverages.
7. Fog computing addresses security, data encryption.
Explanation: Fog computing addresses security, data encryption and distributed analytics requirements.
8. Building automation demonstrates the need for _______
a) Edge intelligence
c) Control function
d) Local operations
Explanation: Building automation demonstrates the need for edge intelligence and localized processing.
9. A commercial building may contain mainly _______ component.
b) Fog node
c) Cloud nodes
Explanation: A commercial building may contain thousands of sensors to measure various building operating parameters: temperature, keypad readers and parking space occupancy.
10. Who will do actions if it is needed?
a) Fog node
b) Fog computing
Explanation: Data from sensors must be analyzed to see if actions are needed, such as triggering a fire alarm if smoke is sensed. Fog computing allows for autonomous local operations for optimized control function.
11. Fog node is ___________
c) Individual room
d) Floor and Wing
Explanation: Each floor, wing or even individual room could contain its own fog node that is responsible for performing emergency monitoring and response functions.
12. Fog computing works with cloud computing.
Explanation: Fog computing works with cloud computing, so the long term history of building operational telemetry and control actions can be aggregated and uploaded to the cloud.
13. What is OpenFog?
c) Derived from fog computing
Explanation: The OpenFog architecture specifies a secure end to end computer environment between the cloud and the fog nodes that connect to IoT devices.
14. IoT devices use _______ for security.
Explanation: These devices use a hardware-based immutable root of trust, which can be attested by software agents running throughout the infrastructure.
15. Fog computing allows for latency sensitive distributed surveillance that maintains privacy.
Explanation: Fog computing allows for latency sensitive distributed surveillance that maintains privacy because privacy concerns must be addressed when using a camera as a sensor.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – IOT.
To practice all areas of IOT, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.