This set of IOT Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Galileo Gen 2 Board”.
1. Galileo Gen 2 board was developed by which company?
Explanation: Intel Galileo is the first in the line of boards based on intelx86 architecture and is designed for education communities.
2. Galileo gen 2 board is some time called as Breakout Board?
Explanation: It is named as Breakout Boards.
3. Intel Galileo has the main feature of?
a) Support PCI Express
b) Intel Quart
c) Support for openCV
d) Onboard real time clock
Explanation: Intel Galileo features the Intel quart SoC X1000, the first product from the Intel Quart technology family of low power, small-core products. Intel Quart represents Intel’s attempt to compete within markets such as the Internet of Things and Wearable Computing.
4. Which among the following is more powerful?
a) Rasberry Pi 2 Model
b) Rasberry Pi 3 Model
c) Galieo Gen 2 Board
d) Galieo Gen 1 Board
Explanation: The latest iteration, the Pi 3 Model B, replaced the PI 2 Model B. It is more powerful than the older Galieo Gen 2, featuring a 1.2 GHz CPU and 1 Gb RAM. The Pi, however, does not have any flash memory.
5. Periferal Component Interconnect (PCI) Express interconnects which modules?
a) Serial communication
b) WIfi, Bluetooth, GSM cards
c) Micro SD card
d) Real Time Clock
Explanation: PCI is a high speed serial computer expansion bus standard. It includes higher maximum system bus throughput, lower I/O pin count and smaller physical footprint.
6. What is the frequency of the Galileo gen 2 board?
Explanation: The frequency of the board gives the speed of operation of board. So, increase in frequency increases the speed.
7. The 10/100Mbit Ethernet support enables the board to connect to _________
Explanation: The 10/100 Mbit Ethernet support enables the board to be connected to a LAN. It also enables to accessing the linux shell.
8. What is the range of microSD card that is connected externally?
Explanation: The external Micro SD card has a range of 32Gb.
9. Which of the following has a real time clock?
a) Galileo Gen 2
b) Rasberry Pi
d) Rasberry Pi 3
Explanation: The Rasberry Pi, as well as most Arduino, does not have an on board real time clock. The Galileo boards have a real time clock, requiring only a 3V coin cell battery. The boards can therefore keep accurate time without being connected to either a power source or internet.
10. Which bus is a standard bus derived by ARM with aim to support efficient on chip?
a) Serial Attached SCSI
c) Advanced Micro Bus
d) Scalable Coherent Interface
Explanation: AMB is used for simple cost effective design transfer, pipelined transfer operation, and multiple bus masters. It is known for high performance and high clock synthesizable design, providing high bandwidth channel between processor and peripherals.
11. How many digital I/O pins are there in Board?
Explanation: Android compatible header containing 20 digital I/O pins in which 12 are fully native speed.
12. Does the board has UART?
Explanation: Galileo Gen 2 board has 2 UARTs, one shared with console UART. Serial console UART header is compatible with FTDI USB converter.
13. What is the storage memory of EEPROM?
Explanation: The EEPROMs memory is 8kb while it has external SD card option of 32GB.
14. What is the USB version that is supported?
a) USB 4.0
b) USB 1.5
c) USB 3.0
d) USB 2.0
Explanation: In addition to android hardware and software compatibility, the Intel Galileo board includes the following industry standards I/O ports and features: USB 2.0 Host port and USB 2.0 Client port.
15. ________ bit PWM for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
Explanation: 12-bit PWM for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – IOT.
To practice all areas of IOT, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.