This set of IOT Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Arduino”.
1. How many types of arduinos do we have?
Explanation: There are 4 Arduino boards and 4 Arduino shields that fit on top of Arduino compatible boards to provide additional capability like connecting to the internet, motor controller, LCD screen controlling etc.,.
2. What is the microcontroller used in Arduino UNO?
Explanation: ATmega328p is a microcontroller which is 32KB of flash ROM and 8-bit microcontroller.
3. What does p refer to in ATmega328p?
d) Programmable on chip
Explanation: Picopower technology employs advanced features like multiple clock domains, DMA and event systems to minimize power consumption.
4. Arduino shields are also called as _________
a) Extra peripherals
b) Add on modules
c) Connectivity modules
d) Another Arduinos
Explanation: The Arduino boards can connect with add- on modules termed as shields. Multiple, and possibly stacked shields may be individually addressable via an I2C serial bus.
5. What is the default bootloader of the Arduino UNO?
a) Optiboot bootloader
c) Bare box
Explanation: The optiboot bootloader will take 512 bytes, leaving 32256 bytes for application code. Due to its small size larger up-loadable sketch size is achieved.
6. Does the level shifter converts the voltage levels between RS-232 and transistor-transistor logic.
Explanation: Level shifters are used in multi-design, different blocks work on different voltage levels. So when a signal passes from one voltage domain to another voltage this is needed particularly when a signal passes from low level to high level.
7. Which is the software or a programming language used for controlling of Arduino?
a) Assembly Language
b) C Languages
d) Any Language
Explanation: A program for Arduino can be written in any programming language for a compiler that produces binary machine code for the target processor.
8. Do Arduino provides IDE Environment?
Explanation: It includes a code editor with features as text cutting and pasting, searching and replacing text, automatic indenting, brace matching, syntax highlighting, and provides a simple one-click mechanism to compile and upload programs to an Arduino board.
9. A program written with the IDE for Arduino is called _________
a) IDE source
d) Source code
Explanation: Sketches are saved on the development computer as text files with the file extension “.ino”. Arduino software (IDE) pre-1.0 saved sketches with the extension file “.pde”.
10. Arduino IDE consists of 2 functions. What are they?
a) Build() and loop()
b) Setup() and build()
c) Setup() and loop()
d) Loop() and build() and setup()
Explanation: Setup() is called once in the program when a sketch starts after power-up. It is used to initialise variables, input and output pin modes, and other libraries needed in the sketch.
Loop() is used after setup() has been called, function loop() is executed repeatedly in the main program. It controls the board until the board is powered off or is reset.
11. How many digital pins are there on the UNO board?
Explanation: It has 14 digital input/output pins (6 of which can be used as PWM output).
12. _________ board allows sewn into clothing.
Explanation: LilyPad was creatively designed with large connecting pads and a flat back to allow them to be sewn into clothing with conductive thread.
13. How many analog pins are used in Arduino Mega board?
Explanation: It has 54 digital input/output pins (14 of which can be used as PWM output), 16 analog inputs, a USB connection, a power jack, and a reset button.
14. Which board is first to use microcontroller within build USB?
Explanation: The Leonard is Arduino’s first development board to use one microcontroller with built-in USB. This means that it can be cheaper and simple, And also, code libraries are available which allow the board to emulate a computer keyboard etc.
15. ___________ are pre built circuit boards that fit on top of Android.
b) Data types
Explanation: Shields are pre- built circuit boards that fit on top of board and provide additional capabilities like controlling motors, connecting to internet, providing cellular etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – IOT.
To practice all areas of IOT, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.