This set of Basic Embedded Systems Questions and Answers focuses on “Linux-II”.
1. Which filesystem of Linux have a mass storage devices?
a) physical file system
b) temporary file system
Explanation: The physical file system has a mass storage devices such as hard disks and floppy which are allocated to parts of the logical file system.
2. Which file type of Linux has no restriction on size and can have any kind of data?
d) named pipes
Explanation: There are four types of Linux files. These are regular, special, directories and named pipes in which the regular file type can have any kind of data and does not have restrictions in size, the special file type represent certain terminals such as physical I/O device, the directories can hold lists of files, and the named pipes are similar to regular files but restricted in size.
3. Which file type of Linux is similar to the regular file type?
a) named pipe
c) regular file
d) special file
Explanation: Among the Linux files, the regular file type is similar to the named pipe but these are restricted in size. On the other hand, the regular file does not have restrictions.
4. Which file type of the Linux hold lists of files rather than the actual data?
d) named pipes
Explanation: The directories can hold lists of files other than the actual data, but the other file type does not have this characteristic.
5. Which filesystem of the Linux can be implemented on a system with two hard disks?
a) logical file system
b) physical file system
c) special file type system
d) regular file type system
Explanation: The physical file system is allocated to the parts of the logical file system. The logical file system can be implemented on a system with two hard disks by the allocation of the bin directory under the hard disk 1 and the file subsystem under the hard disk 2.
6. Which directory is allocated on the hard disk 1 of the physical storage in a Linux operating system?
Explanation: The bin directory is on the hard disk 1 of the physical storage whereas the term, dev, etc is on the hard disk 1 of the physical logical file system.
7. Which process defines the allocation of the mass storage to the logical file system?
Explanation: The allocation of the mass storage to the logical file system is known as the mounting and its reverse operation, deallocation of the mass storage is known as unmounting.
8. Which commands can be used to access the removable media?
a) system calls
b) loop instruction
c) mount and unmount command
d) procedure commands
Explanation: The commands such as mount and unmount commands are used to access the removable medias like the floppy disks, through the logical file system.
9. Which target directory is used in the file system of the Linux operating system?
Explanation: The /mnt is the target directory used in the file system of the Linux operating system but the special file names can vary from system to system.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Embedded System.
To practice basic questions and answers on all areas of Embedded Systems, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.