This set of Computer Organization Interview Questions and Answers for freshers focuses on “USB-2”.
1. The first field of any packet is _____
Explanation: The PID is the field that is used to identify the device (the device id).
2. The 4 bit PID’s are transmitted twice.
Explanation: The fields are transmitted twice, once with the true values and the second time with the complemented values.
3. The last field in the packet is ______
Explanation: The last 5 bits of the packet is used for error checking, that is cyclic redundancy check.
4. The CRC bits are computed based on the values of the _____
d) Both ADDR and ENDP
Explanation: The CRC bits are calculated based on the values of the address and endp.
5. The data packets can contain data upto ______
a) 512 bytes
b) 256 bytes
c) 1024 bytes
d) 2 KB
6. The most important objective of the USB is to provide ______
a) Isochronous transmission
b) Plug and play
c) Easy device connection
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The above are all the common features of the USB.
7. The transmission over the USB is divided into ____
Explanation: To support the isochronous mode of operation the usb transmission is divided into frames.
8. The _____ signal is used to indicate the beginning of a new frame.
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The SOF(State Of Frame) is used to indicate the beginning of a new frame.
9. The SOF is transmitted every ______
10. The power specification of usb is _____
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Organisation and Architecture.