This set of Computer Organization and Architecture Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Synchronous BUS”.
1. The primary function of the BUS is __________
a) To connect the various devices to the cpu
b) To provide a path for communication between the processor and other devices
c) To facilitate data transfer between various devices
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The BUS is used to allow the passage of commands and data between cpu and devices.
2. The classification of BUSes into synchronous and asynchronous is based on __________
a) The devices connected to them
b) The type of data transfer
c) The Timing of data transfers
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The BUS is classified into different types for the convenience of use and depending on the device.
3. The device which starts data transfer is called __________
Explanation: The device which starts the data transfer is called an initiator.
4. The device which interacts with the initiator is __________
Explanation: The device which receives the commands from the initiator for data transfer.
5. In synchronous BUS, the devices get the timing signals from __________
a) Timing generator in the device
b) A common clock line
c) Timing signals are not used at all
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The devices receive their timing signals from the clock line of the BUS.
6. The delays caused in the switching of the timing signals is due to __________
a) Memory access time
c) Propagation delay
d) Processor delay
Explanation: The time taken for the signal to reach the BUS from the device or the circuit accounts for this delay.
7. The time for which the data is to be on the BUS is affected by __________
a) Propagation delay of the circuit
b) Setup time of the device
c) Memory access time
d) Propagation delay of the circuit & Setup time of the device
Explanation: The time for which the data is held is larger than the time taken for propagation delay and setup time.
8. The Master strobes the slave at the end of each clock cycle in Synchronous BUS.
9. Which is fed into the BUS first by the initiator?
c) Commands or controls
d) Address, Commands or controls
10. _____________ signal is used as an acknowledgement signal by the slave in Multiple cycle transfers.
a) Ack signal
b) Slave ready signal
c) Master ready signal
d) Slave received signal
Explanation: The slave once it receives the commands and address from the master strobes the ready line indicating to the master that the commands are received.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Computer Organization and Architecture.