Pre-requisite / Skillset for Life Sciences Internship
1. Intern should be able to understand the science of life.
2. Ability to determine the adaptations of biota and their functions in the nature.
3. Capable of developing ideas, facts and theories relevant to biodiversity.
4. Able to choose new sources of renewable energy.
5. Ability to analyze the contemporary issues of nature and role of biospheres.
6. Capable of constructing advanced biotechnologies for the sustainable utilizations and conservation.
7. Ability to compare living beings and lives processes.
8. Should be able to illustrate biota, biosphere, biodiversity and biological evolution.
9. Capable of creating interests in life sciences.
Life Sciences Internship Test
Intern has to take Life Sciences internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Life Sciences topic.
1. How many amino acid residues are there in per turn of α-helix?
Explanation: Length of α-helix is usually 10-15 amino acid residue and there are 3.6 amino acid residues per turn of the helix. A single turn of α-helix has 13 atoms due to this α-helix is also referred as 3.613 helix.
2. What is the shape of the oxygen dissociation curve of myoglobin?
Explanation: Oxygen affinity in myoglobin is more than hemoglobin, as myoglobin binds oxygen more tightly than hemoglobin due to this hemoglobin shows sigmoidal curve while myoglobin shows hyperbolic.
3. In a living organism, strong interactions between molecules are formed by a certain type of bond. Name that?
(A) Hydrogen bonding
(B) Covalent bond
(C) Electrostatic interactions
(D) Van der Waals forces
Explanation: Covalent bond is considered as a strong bond between molecules whereas rest options are of the non-covalent bond which is regarded as weak interactions. In a covalent bond, electrons are shared by both the atoms which makes it stronger.
4. Which bond is used to stabilize the double helix of DNA?
(A) Hydrophobic bond
(B) Hydrogen bond
(C) Covalent bond
(D) Ionic bond
Explanation: Polynucleotide runs on the backbone of the phosphate-sugar chain. The base pairing of these nucleotide gives secondary structure. The secondary structure of DNA is its double helix which held together by hydrogen bonding between the bases.
5. Which of them is used to introduce negative supercoiling in DNA?
(A) Type 1 topoisomerase
(B) Ethidium bromide
(C) Gyrase/ type 2 topoisomerase
(D) SYBR gold
Explanation: Type 1 topoisomerase break only one strand of DNA while gyrase works on both the strands, it breaks and reseal both DNA strands and introduce negative supercoils. Ethidium bromide and SYBR gold are used to stain DNA molecules.
Practice the full set of Life Sciences Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Life Sciences Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Life Sciences Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Life Sciences Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Life Sciences, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Life Sciences subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Life Sciences".
2. Life Sciences articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Life Sciences Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Life Sciences Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Life Sciences Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Life Sciences" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Life Sciences InternshipIf you are looking for "Life Sciences" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Life Sciences, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Life Sciences InternshipWho can apply for Life Sciences content writing internship?
Students who had studied Life Sciences in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Life Sciences.
What are the skill sets required for Life Sciences internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Life Sciences internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Life Sciences Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Life Sciences?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Life Sciences?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Life Sciences. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Life Sciences internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Life Sciences at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]