This set of Network Security Aptitude Test focuses on “Overview – II”.
1. __________ services are implemented in every 802.11 station, including AP stations. _________ services are provided between BSSs.
a) Station, Distribution
b) Distribution, Station
c) Extended, Basic
d) Basic, Extended
Explanation: Station services are implemented in every 802.11 station, including AP stations. Distribution services are provided between BSSs.
2. There are a number of possible EAP exchanges that can be used during authentication phase. Typically the message flow between the STA and AP employs the _________ protocol.
Explanation: The message flow between the STA and AP employs the EAP over LAN (EAPOL) protocol.
3. What is a valid size of the Group Temporal Key (GTK) in WEP?
a) 40 bits
b) 128 bits
c) 512 bits
d) 80 bits
Explanation: GTK in WEP is of 40 bits or 104 bits.
4. In the IEEE 802.11i PRF, a nonce is generated by the following expression:
nonce = PRF (Random Number, “InitCounter”, MAC || Time, Len)
What is the value of the ‘Len’ (desirable number of pseudorandom bits)?
Explanation: nonce = PRF (Random Number, “InitCounter”, MAC || Time, Len).
5. Which Hashing algorithm is used to derive the PTK for PMK?
Explanation: SHA-1 is used to derive PMK from the PTK.
6. Which is the correct order of the SSH Transport Layer Protocol Packet Exchanges?
a) Algorithm Negotiation; End of key exchange; Service request; Identification string exchange
b) Identification string exchange; Algorithm Negotiation; End of key exchange; Service request
c) Identification string exchange; End of key exchange; Service request; Algorithm Negotiation
d) Algorithm Negotiation; Identification string exchange; End of key exchange; Service request
Explanation: The correct order is: Identification string exchange; Algorithm Negotiation; End of key exchange; Service request.
7. In which port forwarding technique does the client act on the server’s behalf?
a) Remote Forwarding
b) Local Forwarding
c) Stable Forwarding
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: In Remote forwarding, the client receives traffic with a given destination port number, places the teaffic on the correct port and sends it to the destination the user chooses.
8. Which of the following are valid authentication methods?
a) Public Key Based
b) Password Based
c) Host Based
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The server may require one or more of the three authentication methods mentioned above.
9. The secure authentication connection is referred to as
Explanation: The secure connection is referred to as tunnel.
10. Broadcast address is given by
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Broadcast address is given by 255.255.255.255. This address is the last address in the range of addresses, and is the address whose host portion is set to all ones.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Cryptography and Network Security.
To practice all areas of Network Security for aptitude tests, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.