Pre-requisite / Skillset for Nanotechnology Internship
1. Intern should be able to develop the nanoparticles, nanoscale devices, problem techniques in various industrial fields.
2. Intern should have knowledge on advantages of nanotechnology based applications in each industry.
3. Must be familiar instances of contemporary industrial applications of nanotechnology.
4. Should be capable of providing an overview of future technological advancements and increasing role of nanotechnology in each industry.
5. Should have the ability to describe fundamentals of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
6. Should be able to classify nano-structures.
7. Ability to develop smart materials.
8. Intern should have the ability to analyse biomaterials.
9. Should explain nanotoxicology.
10. Basics of quantum mechanics should be known.
11. Must be aware of basics of thermodynamics.
12. Concepts of lattice vibrations and band theory of solids should be known.
13. Must be familiar with semiconductors and tunnelling.
14. Principles and applications of colloidal systems should be known.
Nanotechnology Internship Test
Intern has to take Nanotechnology internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Nanotechnology topic.
1. What is an exciton in a semiconductor?
(A) Electron-Electron pair
(B) Electron-Hole pair
(C) Electron-Phonon pair
(D) Hole-Hole pair
Explanation: Exciton is an electron-hole pair. It is formed when an electron in the valence band gets raised to conduction band by absorbing sufficient amount of energy needed to overcome this band gap, leaving behind a hole. The exciton is a quasi-particle with no electrical charge on it.
2. In an atom, magnetic moment arises because of a number of factors. Which among the following is not one of them?
(A) Spin moment of electron
(B) Mass of electron
(C) Orbital motion of electrons
(D) External magnetic field
Explanation: Magnetic moment of any magnetic system is the amount of torque it experiences when it is placed in a magnetic field. Magnetic moment in an atom arises due to the spin and orbital motion of electrons. It also arises due to a change in the orbital motion, in the presence of an applied magnetic field, H.
3. Which of the following methods do not form ceramic nano particles?
(A) Sol gel
(C) Reverse micro emulsion
Explanation: Sol gel is the most common method of preparation of ceramic nano particles. This method involves the mixture of a gel and a solution containing nano particles to form the ceramic. Sintering is a method involving pressure and heat to form ceramics. Reverse micro emulsions (Water in oil micro emulsion method) are widely used as an ideal method to prepare inorganic nano particles.
4. There are several factors affecting the size of polymeric nanocrystals. Which of the following is not one of them?
Explanation: The size of polymeric nanocrystals can be controlled by changing the temperature, concentration and also the mixing procedure. Surfactants also play a role in regulating the size. This is due to their property of modifying the surface of the particles or reducing surface tension of the solution.
5. What is the principle of modeling the optical properties of nanoparticles, having size smaller than the wavelength of light?
(A) Effective scattering and absorption are taken into account
(B) Use of electrostatics to model the properties
(C) Maxwell’s equation
(D) Four-flux approximation
Explanation: Optical properties of nanoparticles that are used for coating & possess size smaller than the wavelength of light are modeled using the Effective-medium theories (EMT). It uses electrostatics to model the properties. The coating is modeled as an “effective medium” that is homogeneous in nature with practical optical properties.
Practice the full set of Nanotechnology Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Nanotechnology Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Nanotechnology Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Nanotechnology Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Nanotechnology, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Nanotechnology subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Nanotechnology".
2. Nanotechnology articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Nanotechnology Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Nanotechnology Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Nanotechnology Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Nanotechnology" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Nanotechnology InternshipIf you are looking for "Nanotechnology" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Nanotechnology, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Nanotechnology InternshipWho can apply for Nanotechnology content writing internship?
Students who had studied Nanotechnology in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Nanotechnology.
What are the skill sets required for Nanotechnology internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Nanotechnology internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Nanotechnology Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Nanotechnology?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Nanotechnology?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Nanotechnology. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Nanotechnology internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Nanotechnology at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]