Pre-requisite / Skillset for Java Programming Internship
1. Intern must be capable of comprehending Java Virtual Machine architecture and Java Programming Fundamentals.
2. Must be able to design applications involving Object Oriented Programming concepts such as inheritance, association, aggregation, composition, polymorphism, abstract classes and interfaces.
3. Should be able to design and build multi-threaded Java Applications.
4. Building software using concepts such as files, collection frameworks and containers.
5. Designing and implementing Java Applications for real world problems involving Database
6. Should have adequate knowledge on connectivity.
7. Should be able to design Graphical User Interface using JavaFX.
8. Must be able to design, develop and deploy dynamic web applications using Servlets and Java Server Pages.
9. Should be capable of imparting the core language features of Java and its Application Programming Interfaces (API).
10. Should be aware of use of threads, exceptions, files and collection frameworks in Java.
11. Must be familiar with GUI based application development and database connectivity.
Java Programming Internship Test
Intern has to take Java internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Java topic.
1. An expression involving byte, int, and literal numbers is promoted to which of these?
Explanation: An expression involving bytes, ints, shorts, literal numbers, the entire expression is promoted to int before any calculation is done.
2. Which of these occupy first 0 to 127 in Unicode character set used for characters in Java?
(C) None of the mentioned
(D) ASCII and ISO-LATIN1
Explanation: First 0 to 127 character set in Unicode are same as those of ISO-LATIN-1 and ASCII.
3. Are enums are type-safe?
Explanation: Enums are type-safe as they have own name-space.
4. Which class is a library of functions to perform arithmetic operations of BigInteger and BigDecimal?
Explanation: MathContext class is a library of functions to perform arithmetic operations of BigInteger and BigDecimal.
5. What does LocalTime represent?
(A) Date without time
(B) Time without Date
(C) Date and Time
(D) Date and Time with timezone
Explanation: LocalTime of joda library represents time without date.
Practice the full set of Java Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Java Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Java Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!