Pre-requisite / Skillset for Python Programming Internship
1. Intern should be well versed in examining Python syntax and semantics and must be fluent in the use of Python flow control and functions.
2. Should know how to demonstrate proficiency in handling strings and file systems.
3. Ability to create, run and manipulate Python Programs using core data structures like Lists, dictionaries and use Regular Expressions.
4. Intern should be capable of interpreting the concepts of Object-Oriented Programming as used in Python.
5. Implementing exemplary applications related to Network Programming, Web Services and Databases in Python should be known.
6. Should be aware of syntax and semantics and create functions in Python.
7. Must be familiar with the topics like Lists, Dictionaries and Regular expressions in Python.
8. Intern should have knowledge on building Web Services and introduction to Network and Database Programming In Python.
Python Programming Internship Test
Intern has to take Python internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Python topic.
1. Which of the following is not a keyword?
Explanation: eval can be used as a variable.
2. Which one of the following has the highest precedence in the expression?
Explanation: Just remember: PEMDAS, that is, Parenthesis, Exponentiation, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction. Note that the precedence order of Division and Multiplication is the same. Likewise, the order of Addition and Subtraction is also the same.
3. What is the return value of trunc()?
Explanation: Execute help(math.trunc) to get details.
4. What is the type of inf?
Explanation: Infinity is a special case of floating point numbers. It can be obtained by float(‘inf’).
5. Any odd number on being AND-ed with ________ always gives 1. Hint: Any even number on being AND-ed with this value always gives 0.
Explanation: Any odd number on being AND-ed with 1 always gives 1. Any even number on being AND-ed with this value always gives 0.
Practice the full set of Python Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Python Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Python Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!