Pre-requisite / Skillset for Irrigation Engineering Internship
1. Intern must have knowledge and skills on crop water requirements.
2. Should be aware of methods and management of irrigation.
3. Require knowledge on types of Impounding structures.
4 Understanding methods of irrigation including canal irrigation.
5. Adequate knowledge on water management on optimization of water use.
6. Intern must be familiar with the different phases in irrigation practices and planning and management of irrigation, also on irrigation storage and distribution canal system and irrigation management.
7. Should be aware of irrigation schemes and present status of water resources in India. Also understand the various methods for the measurement of irrigation water.
8. Able to analyze the design of open channel water conveyance system, underground pipe conveyance system & control and distribution of on-farm structures for water conveyance.
9. Should be able to solve the real world problem of land grading and understand the soil-water-plant relationship.
10. Must be capable of applying the concept of ET to determine the water requirement of crops and should be aware of adaptability, merits, demerits, specification and able to analyze the design considerations of border, check basin, furrow irrigation, drip and sprinkler irrigation methods.
11. Should be able to analyze agricultural land drainage problems and suggest scientific remedial measures for them.
Irrigation Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Irrigation Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Irrigation Engineering topic.
1. What type of irrigation system is based merely on gravitation?
(A) Flow Irrigation
(B) Direct Irrigation
(C) Lift Irrigation
(D) Storage Irrigation
Explanation: Flow irrigation is the type of irrigation in which supply of irrigation water is merely conveyed onto the land by the gravity flow or gravitation. In other words, water is supplied from higher grounds to lower grounds.
2. In which method of flooding, does the water take circuitous route to irrigate the land?
(A) Check Flooding
(B) Zigzag Flooding
(C) Free Flooding
(D) Basin Flooding
Explanation: In this method, the entire land is divided into square or rectangular plots, which are subdivided with help of low bunds or levees. So, therefore the water which comes from the main ditch takes a circuitous route in each plot to irrigate the land. This is done to control the velocity of the flow of water.
3. The area in which inferior crops can be grown without irrigation is called semi-arid region.
Explanation: An area where irrigation is a must is the arid region. The crops that are able to survive semi-arid regions are maize, beans, green grams.
4. At which point in the entire canal system the duty of water will be more?
(A) Head of the Water-course
(B) Head of the Minor
(C) Head of the Distributary
(D) Head of the Branch
Explanation: As water flows from river to subsequent parts of the canal system some water losses takes place due to evaporation, and percolation. Due to this, the duty of water goes on increasing from starting point of canal system till its end point. Therefore, the duty of water is more at the last point of the system, i.e head of the water-course.
5. In crop-rotation, a cash crop may be followed by a fodder crop, which is then followed by soil renovating crop like ________
(D) Grams and pulses
Explanation: Grams and pulses are leguminous plants which increase the fertility of the soil by fixing environmental nitrogen with the help of Rhizobium bacteria. This helps reducing crop diseases and wastage due to insects and hence increases overall crop yield.
Practice the full set of Irrigation Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Irrigation Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Irrigation Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Irrigation Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Irrigation Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Irrigation Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Irrigation Engineering".
2. Irrigation Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Irrigation Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Irrigation Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Irrigation Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Irrigation Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Irrigation Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Irrigation Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Irrigation Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Irrigation Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Irrigation Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Irrigation Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Irrigation Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Irrigation Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Irrigation Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Irrigation Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Irrigation Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Irrigation Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Irrigation Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Irrigation Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Irrigation Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]