Pre-requisite / Skillset for Construction and Building Materials Internship
1. Intern must be capable of comparing the properties of most common and advanced building materials.
2. Intern must have basic understanding on the typical and potential applications of lime, cement and aggregates.
3. Should have adequate knowledge on concepts like production of concrete and also the method of placing and making of concrete elements.
4. Must know the applications of timbers and other materials.
5. Should be aware of the importance of modern material for construction.
6. Should be capable of selecting suitable materials for buildings and adopting suitable construction techniques.
7. Must have the ability to decide suitable type of foundation based on soil parameters.
8. Should be capable of supervising the construction of different building elements based on suitability.
9. Should exhibit the knowledge of building finishes and form work requirements.
Construction and Building Materials Internship Test
Intern has to take Building Materials internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Building Materials topic.
1. When building bye-laws came into force?
(A) April 1984
(B) July 1983
(C) April 1983
(D) July 1972
Explanation: Building bye-laws came into force on April 1984. This local law was framed by the subordinate authority. Its specifications are designed to minimum safeguard to the workers during construction; to the health and comfort of users; and to provide enough safety to the public in general.
2. The temperature at the _______ is the highest and it is lowest at the ____________
(A) longitude, latitude
(B) poles, equator
(C) north, south
(D) equator, poles
Explanation: India is in the Tropics zone and hence there is a temperature gradient from equator to poles and depending upon the latitude of the locality, its temperature range can be decided.
3. The ________ is required to control dust and other impurities in the air.
Explanation: Controlling dust and other impurities from coming into the building is the main cause of insisting proper ventilation in the commercial buildings. The ventilation is also required to suppress odours, smoke, the concentration of bacteria, etc.
4. Which one of the given below is a chemical insecticide for termite proofing?
(B) Sulphuric acid
Explanation: Dieldrin is a chlorinated hydrocarbon. The application of this chemical serve as a chemical barrier between the building and the ground and this method has proved to be most effective method of termite proofing. Whereas, Rodenticide is used for killing rats.
5. A common footing provided for two or more columns is known as _________
(A) Continues footing
(B) Combined footing
(C) Cantilever footing
(D) Eccentric footing
Explanation: Combined footing becomes useful when an exterior column is situated near the boundary line of the plot and it is not possible to project its footing symmetrically on both sides.
Practice the full set of Building Materials Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Construction and Building Materials Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Building Materials Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Construction and Building Materials Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Construction and Building Materials, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Construction and Building Materials subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Construction and Building Materials".
2. Construction and Building Materials articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Construction and Building Materials Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Construction and Building Materials Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Construction and Building Materials Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Construction and Building Materials" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Construction and Building Materials InternshipIf you are looking for "Construction and Building Materials" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Construction and Building Materials, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Construction and Building Materials InternshipWho can apply for Construction and Building Materials content writing internship?
Students who had studied Construction and Building Materials in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Construction and Building Materials.
What are the skill sets required for Construction and Building Materials internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Construction and Building Materials internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Construction and Building Materials Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Construction and Building Materials?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Construction and Building Materials?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Construction and Building Materials. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Construction and Building Materials internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Construction and Building Materials at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]