Pre-requisite / Skillset for Civil Engineering Drawing Internship
1. Intern should be able to create, analyze and produce 2D drawings manually.
2. Understanding concepts of civil engineering drawings.
3. Ability to draw the plan, section and elevation of a building.
4. Must be capable of detailing building plans in CAD environment.
5. Should be able to apply the basic principles of projections in 2D drawings.
6. Should know how to apply the basic principles of projections in converting 3D view to 2D drawing.
7. Must have the ability to read a given drawing.
8. Visualize an object from the given two views.
9. Should be able to use CAD tool to draw different views of a 3D object.
10. Should be aware of basic utility of computer aided drafting (CAD) tool.
11. Must have proper understanding on the theory of projection.
12. Require knowledge of reading a drawing.
13. Must have adequate knowledge on visualization skill.
Civil Engineering Drawing Internship Test
Intern has to take Advanced Machining internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Advanced Machining topic.
1. Guidelines for dimensions at international level on a drawing is controlled by __________
(A) Bureau of Indian Standards
(B) Corporate drafting standards
Explanation: ISO (International Organization for Standardization), this is a World Wide organization that creates engineering standards, dimensions with approximately 100 participating countries. ANSI creates standards for North America, BIS for India, CDS for small company.
2. If the measurement required is in three units, which scale would you prefer?
Explanation: Diagonal scales are used when very minute distances such as 0.1 mm etc. are to be accurately measured or when measurements are required in three units; example- dm, cm and mm, or yard, foot and inch. While other options only give measurement in single unit.
3. Which of the following is not present in a circle?
Explanation: Eccentricity can be defined as a parameter associated with every conic section. It can be thought of as a measure of how much the conic section deviates from being circular. Options like angle, centre and sector are there in a circle except the eccentricity.
4. The locus of a point equidistant from two fixed points A and B in the same plane, is the called ___________
(A) Straight line
(D) Perpendicular bisector
Explanation: According to locus postulate: The locus of a point equidistant from two fixed points A and B in the same plane, is the perpendicular bisector of the line joining the two points.
5. The point at which the line intersects the VP, extended if necessary, is known as ____________
(A) profile trace
(B) horizontal trace
(C) vertical trace
(D) auxiliary trace
Explanation: If a line is parallel to any of the plane, it has no trace upon that plane. For example: If the line is parallel to horizontal plane then that line will not meet H.P and hence there will be no Horizontal Trace and only Vertical Trace.
Practice the full set of Civil Engineering Drawing Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Civil Engineering Drawing Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Civil Engineering Drawing Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Civil Engineering Drawing Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Civil Engineering Drawing, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Civil Engineering Drawing subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Civil Engineering Drawing".
2. Civil Engineering Drawing articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Civil Engineering Drawing Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Civil Engineering Drawing Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Civil Engineering Drawing Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Civil Engineering Drawing" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Civil Engineering Drawing InternshipIf you are looking for "Civil Engineering Drawing" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Civil Engineering Drawing, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Civil Engineering Drawing InternshipWho can apply for Civil Engineering Drawing content writing internship?
Students who had studied Civil Engineering Drawing in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Civil Engineering Drawing.
What are the skill sets required for Civil Engineering Drawing internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Civil Engineering Drawing internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Civil Engineering Drawing Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Civil Engineering Drawing?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Civil Engineering Drawing?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Civil Engineering Drawing. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Civil Engineering Drawing internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Civil Engineering Drawing at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]