Pre-requisite / Skillset for Polymer Engineering Internship
1. Intern should be able to evaluate the different molecular weight and size of the polymers and identify the various polymers.
2. Must be familiar with the structure-properties relationship of polymeric materials.
3. Understanding the various mechanism of polymerization and choose suitable techniques for polymer synthesis.
4. Ability to analyze the various methods used for manufacturing polymers.
5. Able to identify various polymer processing techniques used for the fabrication of polymer-based products.
6. Should be able to provide a broad and fundamental knowledge of the polymers and their chemical, physical and mechanical behaviour.
7. Ability to emphasize on polymer synthesis, reaction engineering, and various processing techniques like moulding and extrusion.
8. Should be equipped with the knowledge necessary for deciding which characterization technique(s) would be appropriate for determining properties of interest.
Polymer Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Polymer Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Polymer Engineering topic.
1. Which of the following polymer exhibit a lower value of molar cohesion?
(C) vulcanized rubber
Explanation: Rubbers have the lowest value of molar cohesion in comparison to plastics and fibres.
2. Consider the following statements for condensation polymerization-
I. Bifunctional or polyfunctional monomers
II. Loss of each kind of functional group in each step for bifunctional species
III. Always accompanied by the release of a byproduct molecule
IV. Monofunctional or polyfunctional monomers
Which of the following are true?
(A) I and II
(B) I, II and III
(C) I and III
(D) III and IV
Explanation: III is not true because in some reactions, there is no elimination of any molecule. Besides, monofuntional monomers fail to complete the reaction. At each step of reaction, two functional groups, one of each kind, are lost.
3. What is true about an end functional group, having a terminal reactive centre, of a polymer molecule?
(A) has a greater mobility than the polymer molecule as a whole
(B) has a lower mobility than the polymer molecule as a whole
(C) same as polymer molecule
(D) cannot be determined
Explanation: The functional group at a free end has a good degree of mobility to collide and faster reaction to take place.
4. How does the weight distribution vary with increasing conversion and constant trifunctionality?
(A) gets broader
(B) gets narrower
(C) remains constant
(D) none of the mentioned
Explanation: The distribution broadens as the extent of reaction is increased, keeping the functionality same.
5. Why is it advisable to stop the reaction nearly 10-15% earlier the critical reaction completion?
(A) cross-linking occurs
(B) to avoid damage of reaction bowl
(C) insoluble, bad quality product is obtained
(D) all of the mentioned
Explanation: If the reaction continues beyond the critical point, the product obtained will be unusable. So, it is advised to stop the reaction 10-15% earlier in p to avoid all the above problems and get good quality product.
Practice the full set of Polymer Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Polymer Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Polymer Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Polymer Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Polymer Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Polymer Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Polymer Engineering".
2. Polymer Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Polymer Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Polymer Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Polymer Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Polymer Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Polymer Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Polymer Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Polymer Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Polymer Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Polymer Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Polymer Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Polymer Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Polymer Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Polymer Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Polymer Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Polymer Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Polymer Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Polymer Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Polymer Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Polymer Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]