Pre-requisite / Skillset for Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship
1. Intern should have knowledge on the concepts like mechanism and kinetics of chemical, enzyme and microbial reactions.
2. Should be capable of identifying and summarizing the parameters from range reactions to optimize reactor design and development.
3. Should have the ability to demonstrate the use of various scientific parameters to improve the performance of fermentation process.
4. Must be able to develop suitable environment for microbial growth by analysing various parameters.
5. Must be familiar with the different models of chemical reactions and how various factors such as temperature can affect reaction rate.
6. Must have the ability to distinguish between the different types of ideal and non ideal reactors.
7. Should determine the optimum pH, temperature and concentration of an enzyme’s catalytic power, its substrate affinity and inhibitor role.
8. Capable of describing medium requirements and medium formulation to get optimal bioprocesses model.
Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Chemical Reaction Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Chemical Reaction Engineering topic.
1. Rate of gaseous phase reaction depends on __________
(A) Temperature of reactants only
(B) Pressure of reactants only
(C) Concentration of reactants only
(D) Temperature, Pressure and Concentration of reactants
Explanation: The reaction rate of gaseous phase reaction is dependent on all of them.
2. The factors affecting the rate of homogeneous reaction are ____
(A) Temperature only
(B) Pressure only
(C) Reactant Concentration only
(D) Temperature, pressure and reactant concentration
Explanation: The rate constant in the rate expression is a function of temperature. Increasing pressure decreases the collisions between reactant molecules. This decreases the rate of reaction. Increasing the initial concentration of reactant increases the reaction rate. Hence, reaction rate is controlled by temperature and pressure conditions and initial concentration of reactant.
3. Which of the following statements is true about a catalyst?
(A) A catalyst remains unchanged in mass at the end of the reaction
(B) The chemical composition of catalyst changes at the end of the reaction
(C) Catalyst initiates the reaction
(D) Catalyst changes the position of reaction equilibrium
Explanation: A catalyst remains unchanged in mass and chemical composition at the end of the reaction. Catalyst cannot initiate the reaction. Catalyst cannot change the position of equilibrium.
4. Which of the following is true for gas phase reactions?
(A) Increase in moles of product increases the volume of the reaction mixture
(B) Increase in moles of product decreases the volume of the reaction mixture
(C) Decrease in moles of product increases the volume of the reaction mixture
(D) Increase in moles of product does not affect the volume of the reaction mixture
Explanation: Increase in moles of product increases reaction mixture volume. For a reaction proceeding such that the moles of products are higher than moles of reactants, volume of reaction mixture increases.
5. State true or false.
There is no axial mixing in a plug flow reactor.
Explanation: There is no mixing of early and later entering fluid in a plug flow reactor. There is no overtaking between the fluid molecules.
Practice the full set of Chemical Reaction Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Chemical Reaction Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Chemical Reaction Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Chemical Reaction Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Chemical Reaction Engineering".
2. Chemical Reaction Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Chemical Reaction Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Chemical Reaction Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Chemical Reaction Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Chemical Reaction Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Chemical Reaction Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Chemical Reaction Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Chemical Reaction Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Chemical Reaction Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Chemical Reaction Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Chemical Reaction Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Chemical Reaction Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Chemical Reaction Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Chemical Reaction Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Chemical Reaction Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Chemical Reaction Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Chemical Reaction Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Chemical Reaction Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Chemical Reaction Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]