Pre-requisite / Skillset for Aircraft Performance Internship
1. Intern must be able to decide the factors for takeoff and landing distance of airplanes.
2. Calculate the range and endurance of jet and propeller airplanes under given operating conditions.
3. Intern must be capable of assessing the performance of airplanes during steady glide and climb.
4. Should be able to prepare the drag polar diagram and associated equations for subsonic airplanes.
5. Estimate the dynamic stability derivatives.
6. Ability to apply the basic airplane performance parameters.
7. Able to use static stability concepts and stability parameters.
8. Require knowledge on aircraft maneuver performance.
9. Ability to draw the flight envelope of the aircraft.
10. Must be capable of differentiating the aircraft performance in steady unaccelerated and accelerated flight.
11. Should be able to apply the basic concepts of aircraft performance and stability.
Aircraft Performance Internship Test
Intern has to take Aircraft Performance internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Aircraft Performance topic.
1. What is meant by reserves?
(A) Fuel used when the route is extended
(B) Fuel used to take-off
(C) Fuel used when in emergency
(D) Fuel used while cruising
Explanation: The fuel used while the flight is in emergency is known as reserves. Minimum reserves are usually set by the regulatory authorities although the operator may increase them at his/her choice.
2. Performance is the initial design phase.
Explanation: Performance is the initial design phase. Performance measurement is the testing phase and operational performance covers the certification of the aircraft and the provision of validated operating data.
3. AIAA stands for ________
(A) Australian Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
(B) Alberta Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
(C) Andaman Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
(D) American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Explanation: AIAA is the acronym for American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. AIAA follows the National Defense Authorization act. AIAA is made up of 85 countries and 95 corporate members. It is associated with the US nation.
4. What is MTOW of an aircraft?
(A) The maximum weight of an aircraft at which a pilot is allowed to attempt to land the aircraft
(B) The maximum weight of an aircraft at which a pilot is allowed to attempt to take-off the aircraft
(C) The minimum weight of an aircraft at which a pilot is allowed to attempt to take-off the aircraft
(D) The minimum weight of an aircraft at which a pilot is allowed to attempt to land the aircraft
Explanation: MTOW stands for Maximum permissible Take-Off Weight. MTOW is the maximum weight of an aircraft at which a pilot is allowed to take-off the aircraft. This is caused due to structural limits of the aircrafts
5. Between the poles and the equator the mean global temperature roughly follows a sine curve.
Explanation: Between the poles and the equator the mean global temperature roughly follows a sine curve. This is due to the changes of temperature near the equator and the poles. At the equator the mean seasonal variation is small and the mean temperature is high whereas at the poles the mean seasonal variation is large and the mean temperature is low.
Practice the full set of Aircraft Performance Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Aircraft Performance Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Aircraft Performance Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Aircraft Performance Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Aircraft Performance, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Aircraft Performance subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Aircraft Performance".
2. Aircraft Performance articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Aircraft Performance Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Aircraft Performance Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Aircraft Performance Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Aircraft Performance" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Aircraft Performance InternshipIf you are looking for "Aircraft Performance" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Aircraft Performance, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Aircraft Performance InternshipWho can apply for Aircraft Performance content writing internship?
Students who had studied Aircraft Performance in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Aircraft Performance.
What are the skill sets required for Aircraft Performance internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Aircraft Performance internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Aircraft Performance Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Aircraft Performance?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Aircraft Performance?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Aircraft Performance. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Aircraft Performance internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Aircraft Performance at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]