Pre-requisite / Skillset for Aircraft Design Internship
1. Intern must be able to select proper airplane configuration for their design.
2. Able to install the power plant in proper location to generate required thrust.
3. Intern must estimate complete performance and stability parameter such as range, endurance, static margin, centre of gravity of airplane etc.
4. Ability to carry out design of wing and fuselage.
5. Should demonstrate complete design procedure for an airplane.
6. Knowledge in structural design of airplanes is required.
7. Interns must be aware of optimization of wing loading.
Aircraft Design Internship Test
Intern has to take Aircraft Design internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Aircraft Design topic.
1. What is meant by the term Lofting?
(A) Specifications and Requirements
(B) Conceptual Drawing
(C) Mathematical modelling of the skin
(D) Trade study specifications
Explanation: Lofting is defined as the mathematical modelling the outer layer of airframe i.e., skin of Aircraft. Lofting is nothing but defining the shape of the fuselage and overall aircraft. It is one of the main objectives of the Preliminary Design.
2. The Configuration layout is revised after optimization and experiences number of iterations before being finalized for Preliminary Design.
Explanation: If configuration layout is found to be imperfect during optimization then this layout is revised and this process is iterative. It will go to a number of iteration before it passes through the optimization stage. Once, the optimized design is prepared then it can proceed further.
3. Take-off gross weight of an aircraft is summation of _____
(A) empty and payload weight
(B) fuel, payload, crew, empty and miscellaneous weight
(C) fuel and crew weight
(D) only passenger and crew weight
Explanation: Typically, take-off gross weight is the maximum possible weight of aircraft during take-off. It includes weight of crew, passenger, fuel, empty and some miscellaneous weight.
4. Mission leg fuel fraction is defined by _____
(A) weight at end of the phase to that of at the begin
(B) weight at end of the phase to that of at the begin
(C) weight of phase at the begin
(D) weight at end of the phase
Explanation: Mission leg is nothing but the individual mission segment or phase. Mission leg fuel fraction is weight of the fuel at end of the phase to that of at beginning of that mission leg.
5. Aircraft fuel weight does not include reserved fuel fraction.
Explanation: The total fuel carried by aircraft consists of usable fuel and reserved fuel. Useable fuel is provided for completing a particular mission. Reserved fuel is for an emergency.
Practice the full set of Aircraft Design Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Aircraft Design Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Aircraft Design Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Aircraft Design Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Aircraft Design, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Aircraft Design subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Aircraft Design".
2. Aircraft Design articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Aircraft Design Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Aircraft Design Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Aircraft Design Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Aircraft Design" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Aircraft Design InternshipIf you are looking for "Aircraft Design" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Aircraft Design, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Aircraft Design InternshipWho can apply for Aircraft Design content writing internship?
Students who had studied Aircraft Design in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Aircraft Design.
What are the skill sets required for Aircraft Design internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Aircraft Design internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Aircraft Design Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Aircraft Design?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Aircraft Design?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Aircraft Design. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Aircraft Design internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Aircraft Design at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]