Pre-requisite / Skillset for Microwave Engineering Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on various parameters of waveguide and use of component as per applications.
2. Should be able to design impedance matching network for any transmission line or system.
3. Able to analyse and find applications and limitations of microwave Semiconductor devices.
4. Should have the ability to find various applications of microwave engineering in specific area.
5. Recognizing the limitations of existing vacuum tubes and solid-state devices at microwave frequencies.
6. Knowledge of operation, functions of microwave sources, diodes and devices and also know about the application of these devices for microwave circuits & systems, radar and satellite communication.
7. Analysing microwave & RF circuits.
8. In depth knowledge of the theory and the technology of microwave components, devices, diodes, tubes and sources.
9. Should have clear understanding of the microwave circuit measurement & communication system design; and understand EMI & EMC.
Microwave Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Microwave Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Microwave Engineering topic.
1. Characteristic impedance of a transmission line is:
(A) impedance Z of a transmission line
(B) impedance which is a constant at any point on the transmission line
(C) reciprocal of admittance of a transmission line
(D) none of the mentioned
Explanation: Characteristic impedance is defined as that impedance of a line which is a constant when measured at any point on the line, Hence B.
2. When a transmission line is exited by a source, total power supplied is delivered to the load.
Explanation: When a transmission line is excited by the source, entire power is not delivered to the load due to the various types of losses that occur in the transmission line.
3. Flow of power in transmission line takes place through:
(A) Electric field and magnetic field
(B) Voltage and current
(D) Electric field
Explanation: In a transmission line, flow of power takes place through propagation of electric field and magnetic field. Alternating electric field and alternating magnetic field propagates EM wave transmitting power.
4. Voltage reflection coefficient can be defined as:
(A) ratio of amplitude of reflected voltage wave to the transmitted voltage wave
(B) ratio of amplitude of reflected voltage to the incident voltage wave
(C) ratio of load impedance to the characteristic impedance of the transmission line
(D) none of the mentioned
Explanation: From transmission line theory, reflection co-efficient of a transmission line is defined as the ratio of amplitude of reflected voltage to the incident voltage wave.
5. Smith chart is based on the polar plot of:
(D) Voltage reflection co-efficient
Explanation: let the reflection co-efficient be expressed in terms of magnitude and direction. Magnitude is plotted as radius from the center of the chart, and the angle is measured in counter clockwise direction from the right hand side. Hence, smith chart is based on the polar pot of voltage reflection co-efficient.
Practice the full set of Microwave Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Microwave Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Microwave Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Microwave Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Microwave Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Microwave Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Microwave Engineering".
2. Microwave Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Microwave Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Microwave Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Microwave Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Microwave Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Microwave Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Microwave Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Microwave Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Microwave Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Microwave Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Microwave Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Microwave Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Microwave Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Microwave Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Microwave Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Microwave Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Microwave Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Microwave Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Microwave Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Microwave Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]