Pre-requisite / Skillset for Oracle Database Internship
1. Intern should have adequate knowledge on the use and application of the relational database model.
2. Should be familiar with Oracle database programming.
3. Implementing database applications using Java programming.
4. Capable of designing database and web sheet application creation using Application Builder.
5. Should be familiar with relational database data management.
6. Ability to design and implement effective SQL queries within database applications and manipulate database data effectively.
7. Should be able to demonstrate a database solution for a business or organization using Oracle Application Express (APEX).
8. Implementing database-driven web site with database programming with PL/SQL.
9. Able to develop, execute and manage PL/SQL database program like procedures, functions and database triggers.
Oracle Database Internship Test
Intern has to take Oracle Database internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Oracle Database topic.
1. The redo log buffer and Shared pool are elements of?
(B) Buffer cache
(C) PGA and Buffer cache
Explanation: SGA (System Global Area) contains Shared Pool, Database Buffer Cache, Java Pool, redo Log Buffer.
2. A _____________ is a set of tables physically stored together as one table that shares a common column
Explanation: Cluster is a schema object that contains data from one or more tables, all of which have one or more columns in common.
3. When a transaction modifies the database, Oracle copies the original data before modifying it. The original copy of the modified data is called
(A) Undone Data
(B) Archive Data
(C) Redo Data
(D) Undo Data
Explanation: Before transaction happen the Oracle kept the files in Undo Data to overcome form any failure.
4. What is the result of the following ‘PAN’NULL’KAJ’?
(B) PAN KAJ
Explanation: In Oracle NULL values represent missing unknown data.
5. A user receives the following error while executing a query:
ORA-01555: snapshot too old
Predict one way to avoid such errors in near future.
(A) Increase the size of redo log files
(B) Increase the size of the undo tablespace
(C) Increase the size of the Database Buffer Cache
(D) Increase the size of the default temporary tablespace
Explanation: The error occur because of size in the undo retention, can be overcome by increasing the size of your rollback segment (undo) size. Also can be resolve by increase the setting of UNDO_RETENTION. Otherwise, use larger rollback segments.
Practice the full set of Oracle Database Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Oracle Database Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Oracle Database Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Oracle Database Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Oracle Database, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Oracle Database subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Oracle Database".
2. Oracle Database articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Oracle Database Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Oracle Database Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Oracle Database Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Oracle Database" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Oracle Database InternshipIf you are looking for "Oracle Database" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Oracle Database, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Oracle Database InternshipWho can apply for Oracle Database content writing internship?
Students who had studied Oracle Database in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Oracle Database.
What are the skill sets required for Oracle Database internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Oracle Database internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Oracle Database Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Oracle Database?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Oracle Database?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Oracle Database. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Oracle Database internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Oracle Database at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]