Pre-requisite / Skillset for Industrial Engineering and Management Internship
1. Intern must be familiar with the concept of production system, productivity, facility and process planning in various industries.
2. Ability to apply the various forecasting and project management techniques.
3. Able to apply the concept of break‐even analysis, inventory control and resource utilization using queuing theory.
4. Capable of applying principles of work study and ergonomics for design of work systems.
5. Ability to formulate mathematical models for optimal solution of industrial problems using linear programming approach.
6. Must be aware of the importance of Industrial engineering department.
7. Adequate knowledge about the position of industrial engineering department.
8. Should be able to understand the concept of scientific tool.
9. Must be aware of the importance of industrial engineers and industrial engineering department in Textile and Garment Industry.
10. Should be familiar with plant location, layout, work study and time study concepts.
Industrial Engineering and Management Internship Test
Intern has to take Industrial Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Industrial Engineering topic.
1. Who is the father of scientific management?
(A) Adam Smith
(B) James Watt
(C) Charles Babbage
(D) F.W. Taylor
Explanation: Frederick Winslow Taylor (F.W. Taylor) is considered as the father of scientific management. He is the first person to adopt scientific principles to the management.
2. Taylor’s systematic development of management techniques that he practised at the Midvale Steel Company in Philadelphia was around the year___________
Explanation: Frederick Winslow Taylor (F.W. Taylor) who is considered as the father of scientific management is the first person to adopt scientific principles to the management. Taylor is a Mechanical Engineering. He is known for his systematic development of management techniques which he started around 1880 at the Midvale steel company.
3. Which of the following department is not involved in making a new or modified product?
(A) Marketing department
(B) Design department
(C) R & D department
(D) Security and Maintenance department
Explanation: A product has to go through several departments of the industry during the process of developing a new or modified product. Marketing, R & D, Design, Manufacture, Accounts and Personnel departments take part in making new or modified product i.e., Product design. Security and maintenance department is not related to product design.
4. ____________ is the last step in product design.
(A) Adopting a feasible design solution
(B) Identification of problem
(C) Preparation of drawings and specifications
(D) Checking for alternative solutions
Explanation: Product design is a process of execution sequential steps to arrive at the final design of the component/product. The first step is the identification of the problem and the last step is preparation of drawings and specifications.
5. ISO stands for _____________
(A) International Organisation for Standardization
(B) Indian Organisation for Standardization
(C) Indian Standard Organisation
(D) Islamic State Organisation
Explanation: International Organisation for standardization is an independent body formed after the Second World War to establish standards for products and services. These standards are acceptable all over the world.
Practice the full set of Industrial Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Industrial Engineering and Management Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Industrial Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Industrial Engineering and Management Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Industrial Engineering and Management, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Industrial Engineering and Management subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Industrial Engineering and Management".
2. Industrial Engineering and Management articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Industrial Engineering and Management Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Industrial Engineering and Management Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Industrial Engineering and Management Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Industrial Engineering and Management" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Industrial Engineering and Management InternshipIf you are looking for "Industrial Engineering and Management" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Industrial Engineering and Management, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Industrial Engineering and Management InternshipWho can apply for Industrial Engineering and Management content writing internship?
Students who had studied Industrial Engineering and Management in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Industrial Engineering and Management.
What are the skill sets required for Industrial Engineering and Management internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Industrial Engineering and Management internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Industrial Engineering and Management Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Industrial Engineering and Management?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Industrial Engineering and Management?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Industrial Engineering and Management. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Industrial Engineering and Management internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Industrial Engineering and Management at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]