Pre-requisite / Skillset for Foundry and Forging Internship
1. Intern should be capable of understanding of various steps in Casting Process.
2. Should be able to analyze Casting Solidification and Castability of metals.
3. Must have the ability to design different casting system and use different Foundry practices.
4. Must be familiar with the various recent trends in Casting methods.
5. Must be capable of performing different testing to study the defect in the casting and apply engineering skills to minimise the defects.
6. Should be familiar with the principle, procedure and applications of various foundry processes.
7. Must have an understanding on the technology, variables and complexity involved in producing a casting.
8. Be able to make selection of the type of furnace required for any specific casting problem and design the pattern requirement.
9. Should have basic knowledge for selecting the type of sand, for molds and cores as well as the molding process.
10. Should be aware about the special molding processes and when their use is warranted.
11. Have a broad knowledge of casting of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys and inspection techniques to detect casting defects.
Foundry and Forging Internship Test
Intern has to take Foundry and Forging internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Foundry and Forging topic.
1. __________ is a mould forming tool is the hand of Foundry men.
(D) Gating System
Explanation: Mould forming is a one by which the design of the casting which is to be produced is formed. The Pattern is one of the most important parts of the process by which the mould is formed. Hence the foundry men popularly call it as a mould forming tool.
2. The pattern that has application in the investment casting process is __________
(D) Cast Iron
Explanation: Wax Patterns provide good surface finish and impart high accuracy. Hence, they have great use in the Investment Casting Process.
3. ____________ is considered as the best pattern and is widely used in foundry.
Explanation: Aluminium has long durability, excellent resistance to corrosion. Hence, aluminium is usually referred to as the best pattern material.
4. ________ patterns are free from knots and other common defects.
Explanation: The straight grained and properly seasoned wood such as Mahogany, Teak, Deodar etc., are free from knots and are easy to work with. There are very few defects in casting when worked with these patterns.
5. Which of the following has the highest carbide forming tendency of all alloying elements?
Explanation: Titanium has no effect on the hardening ability and it inhibits grain growth. Hence the titanium has highest carbide forming tendency.
Practice the full set of Foundry and Forging Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Foundry and Forging Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Foundry and Forging Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Foundry and Forging Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Foundry and Forging, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Foundry and Forging subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Foundry and Forging".
2. Foundry and Forging articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Foundry and Forging Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Foundry and Forging Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Foundry and Forging Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Foundry and Forging" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Foundry and Forging InternshipIf you are looking for "Foundry and Forging" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Foundry and Forging, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Foundry and Forging InternshipWho can apply for Foundry and Forging content writing internship?
Students who had studied Foundry and Forging in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Foundry and Forging.
What are the skill sets required for Foundry and Forging internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Foundry and Forging internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Foundry and Forging Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Foundry and Forging?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Foundry and Forging?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Foundry and Forging. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Foundry and Forging internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Foundry and Forging at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]