Pre-requisite / Skillset for Flexible Manufacturing System Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on the manufacturing systems, flexibility, components of FMS.
2. Require knowledge on production, planning, scheduling and simulation of FMS.
3. Must be familiar with the concepts of group technology and economics issues in the application of FMS.
4. Adequate knowledge on the application of FMS in various operations & involvement of AI in flexible manufacturing system.
5. Ability to apply the concepts of scheduling and simulation in FMS.
6. Must be familiar with the concepts of modern manufacturing systems.
7. Understanding the concepts and applications of flexible manufacturing systems.
8. Able to apply flexible manufacturing system to perform simulation on software’s use of group technology to product classification.
9. Capable of applying the concept of artificial intelligence and expert systems in FMS.
10. Ability to perform planning, scheduling and control of Flexible Manufacturing systems.
11. Able to perform simulation on software’s use of group technology to product classification.
Flexible Manufacturing System Internship Test
Intern has to take Flexible Manufacturing System internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Flexible Manufacturing System topic.
1. What does FMS stand for?
(A) Finite Machining System
(B) Flexible Machining System
(C) Finite Manufacturing System
(D) Flexible Manufacturing System
Explanation: FMS stands for Flexible Manufacturing System. It is a highly Automated System comprising of one or more processing stations interconnected by automated material handling and storage system controlled by distributed computer system.
2. Which of the following are the types of Flexible Manufacturing System?
(A) Sequential, Random, Dedicated, Engineered and Modular
(B) Progressive, Loop, Open Field and Ladder
(C) Workstations, Material Handling and Storage, Computer Control
(D) Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain
Explanation: Sequential, Random, Dedicated, Engineered and Modular are the types of FMS. Progressive, Loop, Open Field and Ladder are the types of FMS layouts. Workstations, Material Handling and Storage, Computer Control are the components of FMS. Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain are the 5S Principles.
3. What are the types of FMS Layouts?
(A) Crossed, Circular, Asymmetric, Parabolic
(B) In Line, Loop, Open Field and Robot Centered
(C) Square, Pyramidal, Circular and Hyperbolic
(D) Triangular, Trapezoidal and Angular
Explanation: In Line, Loop, Open Field and Robot Centered layouts are used in Flexible Manufacturing System. These layouts are used depending upon the application to reduce idle time in the system. Each layout differs from the other with the arrangement of FMS Components.
4. What are the tests conducted for checking flexibility?
(A) Raw Material, Operator and Dye Penetrant Test
(B) Part Variety, Schedule Change, Error Recovery and New Part Test
(C) Reliability, Processing and Quality Test
(D) Non Destructive, Material Packaging and Corrosion Resistant Test
Explanation: Part Variety Test, Schedule Change Test, Error Recovery and New Part Test are the four tests of Flexibility. For an automated Manufacturing System to qualify as flexible, they must satisfy these four tests.
5. Which of the following is the process of converting raw materials into finished products?
Explanation: Manufacturing is the process of converting raw materials into finished products. It is a broad category under which several processes are involved in processing the raw materials. Trading, testing and inspecting processes differ from manufacturing.
Practice the full set of Flexible Manufacturing System Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Flexible Manufacturing System Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Flexible Manufacturing System Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Flexible Manufacturing System Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Flexible Manufacturing System, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Flexible Manufacturing System subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Flexible Manufacturing System".
2. Flexible Manufacturing System articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Flexible Manufacturing System Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Flexible Manufacturing System Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Flexible Manufacturing System Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Flexible Manufacturing System" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Flexible Manufacturing System InternshipIf you are looking for "Flexible Manufacturing System" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Flexible Manufacturing System, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Flexible Manufacturing System InternshipWho can apply for Flexible Manufacturing System content writing internship?
Students who had studied Flexible Manufacturing System in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Flexible Manufacturing System.
What are the skill sets required for Flexible Manufacturing System internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Flexible Manufacturing System internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Flexible Manufacturing System Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Flexible Manufacturing System?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Flexible Manufacturing System?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Flexible Manufacturing System. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Flexible Manufacturing System internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Flexible Manufacturing System at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]