Pre-requisite / Skillset for Automobile Engineering Internship
1. Intern must be capable of identifying the different parts of an automobile.
2. Must be familiar with the working of transmission and braking systems.
3. Should have knowledge on automobile emissions, its effects on environment and methods to reduce the emissions.
4. Must comprehend the working of steering and suspension systems.
5. Should be capable of recognizing the various parts of the automobile and their functions and materials.
6. Should be familiar with the engine auxiliary systems and engine emission control.
7. Ability to distinguish the working of different types of transmission systems.
8. Require adequate knowledge on Brakes.
9. Selected intern should be capable of predicting possible alternate sources of energy for IC Engines.
10. Understanding the construction and working principle of various parts of an automobile.
11. Should be familiar with assembling and dismantling of engine parts and transmission system
12. Should be aware of types and working of clutch and transmission system.
13. Demonstrating the working of different types of final drives, steering gears and braking systems.
14. Require insight on constructional features of wheels, tyres and suspension systems.
15. Ability to demonstrate the understanding of types of storage, charging and starting systems.
16. Must be capable of identifying the type of body and chassis of an automobile.
17. Should comprehend the different technological advances in automobile.
Automobile Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Automobile Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Automobile Engineering topic.
1. First car arrived in India in which year
Explanation: In 1897 first car arrived in india.
2. Why is the term ‘Cabriolet’ used for a car?
(A) Because of non-foldable roof
(B) Because of foldable roof
(C) Because it is a coupe
(D) Because it has Higher ground clearance
Explanation: A cabriolet means ‘a car with a foldable roof.’ So a cabriolet may have any
number of seats and it may have higher ground clearance but it should have a foldable roof. Coupe cars have a fixed roof and two doors.
3. An upraised part on the hood which directs the air flow into the engine compartment is called _____
(C) Hood scoop
Explanation: Hood scoop makes a channel of air to flow into the engine compartment.
4. Which of these is a compact executive car?
(A) Mercedes-Benz S Class
(B) Audi A8
(C) Audi A4
(D) Mercedes-Benz E Class
Explanation: Audi A4 is a compact executive car.
5. Thermal power plants operate on which of these cycles?
(A) Otto cycle
(B) Rankine cycle
(C) Carnot cycle
(D) Stirling cycle
Explanation: Thermal power plants operate on Rankine cycle.
Practice the full set of Automobile Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Automobile Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Automobile Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Automobile Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Automobile Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Automobile Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Automobile Engineering".
2. Automobile Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Automobile Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Automobile Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Automobile Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Automobile Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Automobile Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Automobile Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Automobile Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Automobile Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Automobile Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Automobile Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Automobile Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Automobile Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Automobile Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Automobile Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Automobile Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Automobile Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Automobile Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Automobile Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Automobile Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]