– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Operating Systems with explanations
– All kinds of topics covered from Operating systems including Multimedia and Real Time Systems
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Operating Systems
Who should Practice these Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their skills in all any aspect Operating Systems
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations (GATE & GRE)
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s the list of Questions & Answers on Operating Systems with 100+ topics:
1. Questions on Processes
The following list of topics deals with the different concepts of Processes. These include Process Control Block, Scheduling Queues, Synchronization, Creation and Inter Process Communication.
Process Control Block
Process Scheduling Queues
Inter Process Communication
2. Questions and Answers on Distributed Communication
The below set of topics deals with the concept of Distributed Communication. They include Remote Procedure Calls and Structures.
|Remote Procedure Calls||Structures|
3. Questions on CPU Scheduling
The following set of topics cover various questions on the phenomenon of CPU Scheduling. They include CPU Scheduling Benefits and CPU Scheduling Algorithms.
CPU Scheduling Benefits
CPU Scheduling Algorithms – 1
CPU Scheduling Algorithms – 2
4. Questions and Answers on Process Synchronization
The questions on the following topics deal with the concept of Process Synchronization. These include questions on The Critical Section (CS), Semaphores, Synchronization Problems, Monitors and Atomic Transactions.
The Critical Section (CS) Problem and Solutions
Semaphores – 1
Semaphores – 2
Classic Synchronization Problems
5. Operating Systems Questions and Answers on Deadlocks
This section deals with Questions and Answers on Deadlocks. The sub-topics include Deadlock Prevention, Avoidance, Detection and Recovery.
6. Operating Systems Questions and Answers on Memory Management
The following section contains questions and answers on various concepts of Memory Management. These include Swapping Processes, Memory Management and Allocation, Paging and Segmentation.
Swapping Processes – 1
Swapping Processes – 2
Memory Allocation – 1
Memory Allocation – 2
Paging – 1
Paging – 2
7. Questions and Answers on I/O Systems
The sections deals with questions and answers on I/O Systems like Application Interfaces and Kernel Subsystems.
I/O System – Application I/O Interface – 1
I/O System – Application I/O Interface – 2
|I/O System – Kernel I/O Subsystems|
8. Questions and Answers on Real Time Operating Systems(RTOS)
This section covers questions and answers on Implementation of Real Time Operating Systems and Real Time CPU Scheduling.
This section contains various questions and answers on
Implementing Real Time Operating Systems – 1
Implementing Real Time Operating Systems – 2
Real Time CPU Scheduling – 1
Real Time CPU Scheduling – 2
9. Questions on Multimedia Systems
This section contains various questions and answers on Compression of Multimedia Systems, Network Management of Multimedia Systems and Disk Scheduling of Multimedia Systems.
Multimedia System – Compression – 1
Multimedia System – Compression – 2
Multimedia System – Compression – 3
Multimedia System – CPU and Disk Scheduling
Multimedia System – Network Management
10. Operating Systems Questions and Answers on Security
The following sections deals with different aspects of Security. These include security of System Threats, Detection of Intrusions, making systems and facilities secure and the concept of Cryptography used for Security.
Security – User Authentication
Security – Program and System Threats
Security – Securing Systems and Facilities
Security – Intrusion Detection
Security – Cryptography
11. Questions and Answers on The Linux System
The following questions deal with various aspects of Linux Operating Systems. These include Threading and their respective models, various system calls like exec and fork, Thread Pools and Cancellation, various concepts of Virtual Memory, Demand Paging, certain Page Replacement Algorithms and Thrashing.
12. Questions and Answers on File Systems and their implementation
This section deals with the implementation of file systems, certain access methods, directory structures, mounting and sharing and certain allocation methods.
13. Questions and Answers on Mass-Storage Structures
This section contains questions and answers on Scheduling of disks, Swap space management, various structures of RAID and other tertiary storage structures.
Disk Scheduling – 1
Disk Scheduling – 2
Swap Space Management
RAID Structure – 1
RAID Structure – 2
14. Questions on Protection
This section contains questions and answers on various sub-topics of Protection. It includes Access Matrix, protection of memory and revocation of access rights.
Protection – Access Matrix
Protection – Memory Protection
Protection – Revocation of Access Rights
15. Questions and Answers on Distributed File Systems
This section contains questions and answers on the properties of Distributed File Systems, Sharing of Resources, Coordination, Robustness and Synchronization.
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Operating Systems!