Pre-requisite / Skillset for Applied Chemistry Internship
1. Intern should have adequate knowledge on types of hardness of water and its estimation.
2. Must be capable of applying the knowledge of various softening and disinfecting methods.
3. Require adequate knowledge on various polymers, their synthesis, properties and uses along with their fabrication techniques.
4. Should have the ability to understand thermodynamics in studying different chemical systems in equilibrium obeying Gibb’s phase rule.
5. Require knowledge on lubricants, types, properties and mechanisms to avoid frictional resistance.
6. Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge of Portland cement and carbon nanomaterials.
7. Should have the ability to identify types of corrosion and factors affecting it related to problems affecting all industries.
8. Should be able to identify different types of corrosion control methods to study corrosion control in various industries.
9. Must be familiar with the knowledge of different types of fuels, including their production and refining methods and combustion mechanisms.
10. Must be familiar with composition and properties of different types of alloys and the process of powder metallurgy.
11. Should be aware of principles of green chemistry.
12. Should be familiar with properties and applications of different types of composite materials.
13. Require knowledge on the principles of Polymer Chemistry in industrial applications.
14. Understand the structures of different types of molecules in lubrication and corrosion.
15. Should be able to distinguish between nanomaterials, metals and alloys.
16. Should have the ability to use classical methods of gravimetric and volumetric analysis through analytical techniques.
17. Must apprehend the need of non-conventional energy sources.
18. Must be familiar with the applications of chemistry which includes polymers, surfactants, nanomaterials, environmental and green chemistry, biomolecules and analytical techniques.
Applied Chemistry Internship Test
Intern has to take Applied Chemistry internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Applied Chemistry topic.
1. A fuel is a combustible substance containing ______ as major constitute.
Explanation: In every fuel the major constitute is carbon. The other components like oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and sulphur are also present but in very small amounts when compared to carbon.
2. Which of the following fuel gas will have the highest calorific value?
(A) Water gas
(B) Bio gas
(C) Producer gas
(D) Natural gas
Explanation: Natural gas produces a high amount of heat when compared to the other three gases. Water gas and producer gas are synthetic fuels and natural gas natural fuel.
3. Lignite is also called as __________
(A) black coal
(B) brown coal
(C) char coal
(D) crude oil
Explanation: Lignite is also called as brown coal. Char coal is used for domestic purposes and it is different from lignite.
4. During metallurgical operations, n2 causes ___________
(A) hardness to sample
(B) softness to sample
(C) moisture to sample
(D) heat to sample
Explanation: During metallurgical processes, nitrogen causes hardness to the sample, but the presence of nitrogen does not affect the utility of the coal for great extent as it is present in small amounts.
5. Olefins containing 2 to 4 carbon atoms are ______ at ordinary temperature.
Explanation: The olefins containing 2 to 4 carbons are very small hydro carbons and they will be in gaseous state generally at room temperature.
Practice the full set of Applied Chemistry Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Applied Chemistry Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Applied Chemistry Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Applied Chemistry Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Applied Chemistry, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Applied Chemistry subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Applied Chemistry".
2. Applied Chemistry articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Applied Chemistry Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Applied Chemistry Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Applied Chemistry Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Applied Chemistry" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Applied Chemistry InternshipIf you are looking for "Applied Chemistry" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Applied Chemistry, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Applied Chemistry InternshipWho can apply for Applied Chemistry content writing internship?
Students who had studied Applied Chemistry in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Applied Chemistry.
What are the skill sets required for Applied Chemistry internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Applied Chemistry internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Applied Chemistry Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Applied Chemistry?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Applied Chemistry?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Applied Chemistry. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Applied Chemistry internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Applied Chemistry at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]