This set of Air-Conditioning Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Comfort Air-Conditioning”.
1. Which of the following is true about the optimum effective temperature for human comfort?
a) Same in winter and summer
b) Not dependent on season
c) Lower in winter than in summer
d) Higher in winter than in summer
Explanation: Optimum effective temperature is dependent on climatic and seasonal changes. So, for human comfort, the optimum effective temperature is lower in winter than in summer.
2. The heat production from a normal healthy man when asleep is about _________
a) 50 W
b) 40 W
c) 70 W
d) 60 W
Explanation: A normal healthy man when asleep produces heat nearly equal to 60 W. This might vary depending on various parameters.
3. When the heat stored in the body is ________ the human body feels comfortable.
Explanation: The human body feels comfortable when the heat stored in the body is zero. This is the desired comfort condition.
4. Which of the following does not mainly a factor of dependency for the degree of warmth or cold?
a) Relative humidity
c) Air velocity
Explanation: The degree of warmth or cold felt by the human body depends mainly on dry bulb temperature, air velocity and relative humidity.
5. The effective temperature increases with a decrease in relative humidity at the same DBT.
Explanation: At the same value of dry bulb temperature, the effective temperature decreases with a decrease in relative humidity to achieve desired comfort conditions.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
To practice all areas of Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!