SF101 – Storage Technology Training I
Often people take training courses on storage products ranging from Storage switches to Arrays to Tape Devices to Storage Virtualization appliances. However, few of them really understand the gamut of storage technologies that made those products. As a result, there is an acute shortage of people in the SAN storage market who has a holistic understanding of the storage capabilities and how they relate to each other.
SAN storage training course covers various technologies in SAN (Storage Area Network) Domain. It starts with data storage, its importance and explosive growth of data. It then goes on to describe various Storage Topologies such as DAS, NAS and SAN which were evolved to support the exponential growth in data. Subsequently, it covers Fundamental Storage Protocols (SCSI, SATA, SAS, Fiber Channel, iSCSI), Block Storage Technologies (RAID, Volume Manager), Storage Virtualization, Storage and Data Management techniques.
The SAN training course is vendor neutral and it makes the attendee completely familiar with lot of technologies surrounding Storage Area Networks and various complex issues and solutions thereof due to explosive growth of data.
- Training will be delivered by our Founder/Director who is an Expert with 15+ years of experience in Linux Kernel and SAN software development as well as SNIA certified Trainer.
- The training course flow will be a mix of lectures & classroom discussions so that participants can have a detailed understanding of various components of Storage Area Networks.
- Discussions on Product Datasheets of EMC & Netapp Storage.
- Discussions on Problems & Solutions in SAN Storage Domain:
- Biggest Storage Capacities in the World – Google’s storage requirement for Gmail service
- Storage Topologies and Storage Components
- Storage Protocols – FC, iSCSI, SAS, SATA
- RAID Technology – Raid 5 Write Holes, Degraded Modes, Performance Comparisons
- Server, Device & Network Centric Storage Virtualizations
- SAN Technology Training – I is a 100% Lecture, Problem Solving, Design and Discussion oriented program for an in-depth SAN Domain coverage. There will be no Hands-ON.
- For Hands-ON, the student can look at SAN Technology Training – II
- Anyone New to Storage Area Network should take both modules i.e., SAN Technology Training – I & II for a complete understanding of this vast domain
Location: Bangalore, India
Attendees should be familiar and/or working with an IT environment of a company
- IT Professional doing administration, testing, development and maintenance activities for storage hardware and/or software.
- IT Professional planning to do CompTIA Storage+ / SNIA SCNP certification
- IT Professional working on Cisco’s MDS & Nexus, Brocade’s Silkworm, EMC Storage, Netapp Storage, Quantum Storage, Qlogic Storage, IBM Storage and storage products by many other vendors.
- Anyone planning to enter the Storage Networking Domain.
Fee, Schedule & Registration
Click Here for SAN Training schedule, fee and registration information
Other SAN Courses
SAN Technology Training – II – Administration
SAN Technology Training Outline
Register for Expert Level Training Classes by our Founder & CTO. Alternatively, call us for your Corporate Training or College Training needs.