This set of HTML Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Working with Forms & Minification”.
1. Which of the following is not the form type for adding text?
a) Text input
b) Text area
c) Password input
d) Submit button
Explanation: There are many types of form controls. Adding text, Submitting forms, Making choices and Uploading files are some of them. For an adding text, we can use Text input, Text area, and Password input. For making choices there are checkboxes, radio buttons, and drop-down boxes.
2. In the processing of information, the server does not use the language _____
Explanation: When we enter a new value through form it goes to the server for processing information and this information is processed using languages C#, PHP, JAVA or VB.net. The database can also store the information.
3. For creating single line text box for searching queries, we use the type ___________
Explanation: For creating a single line text box for searching queries we use the type=”search”. In old browsers, it will be simply a single line text box. Safari adds across that clear search box when we enter new data to search. It also rounds the corners on search input fields by default.
4. Form validation traditionally was performed by ___________
5. For grouping form controls we can use ___________
Explanation: For grouping form controls together we use <fieldset> element. Fieldset is shown with a line around edge. Appearance can be adjusted by CSS.
E.g. <fieldset> <legend> details </legend> <label> Name: <br/> <>input type=”text” name=”name”/> </label> <br/> </fieldset>
6. Which one has the most potential for minification?
7. YUI compressor is written in ____________
$java –jar /usr/local/bin//yuicompressor-2.3.5/build/yuicompressor-2.3.5.jar input.js > output.js
8. Which compressor gives maximum GZIPPED compression?
Explanation: YUI compressor gives maximum GZIPPED compression i.e. 21 out of 122. JSMin gives 23 out of 122, Closure(simple) gives 21 out of 122, Closure(advanced) gives 18 out of 122, Packer gives 23 out of 122. There is also redundancy due to GZIP compression.
9. CSSMin is written in ___________
Explanation: CSSMin is written in Java. It preforms conversion of lowercase, ordering of properties, replacement of names with numeric or hex equivalents. E.g. font-weight:bold can be written as font-weight: 600, color: black to color: #000.
10. HTMLMinifier is written in ________
11. Which option is not available in HTMLMinifier?
a) remove attribute quotes
b) use the short doctype
c) remove empty elements
d) replace <strong> with <b>
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – HTML.
To practice all areas of HTML, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.