This set of HTML Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “Embracing the Reality of Web Markup”.
1. Which of the following element represents a thematic break rather than a horizontal rule, though that is the likely representation?
a) <dd> b) <dt> c) <hr> d) <menu>
Explanation: The hr tag defines a thematic break in an HTML page (e.g. a shift of topic).
2. Which of the following element was redefined to represent user interface menus, including context menus?
a) <ul> b) <dt> c) <hr> d) <menu>
Explanation: The menu tag is used for context menus, toolbars and for listing form controls and commands.
3. Which of the following HTML 4 attributes is removed in HTML5?
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: All the mentioned attributes are deprecated in HTML5.
4. Which of the following element is removed by HTML5?
Explanation: dir is rarely used, and provides similar functionality to unordered lists.
5. Which of the following is not a newly added element in HTML5?
Explanation: frameset is usability concerns.
6. ____________ defines the accelerator key to be used for keyboard access to an element.
Explanation: The accesskey attribute specifies a shortcut key to activate/focus an element.
7. Which of the following element represents the header of a section or the document and contains a label or other heading information for the related content?
Explanation: The header element represents a container for introductory content or a set of navigational links.
8. Which of the following element sets is an item of microdata?
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: The itemscope attribute is a boolean attribute. An element with the itemscope attribute specified creates a new item, a group of name-value pairs.
9. _____________ defines a group of content that should be used as a figure and may be labeled by a legend element.
Explanation: The figure tag specifies self-contained content, like illustrations, diagrams, photos, code listings, etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – HTML.
To practice all areas of HTML for Experienced people, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.