This set of HTML Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced people focuses on “HTML5’s Open Media Effort”.
1. __________ can be used to advise the browser to download media content in the background to improve playback.
Explanation: It suggests to the browser that it should load as much of the resource as possible. As long as the browser’s own media cache isn’t full, it will keep on downloading.
2. The _________ element is used to render simple graphics such as line art, graphs, and other custom graphical elements on the client side.
Explanation: The canvas element is part of HTML5 and allows for dynamic, scriptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap images.
3. State true or False. “Prior to HTML5 in web market, traditionally, multimedia has been inserted with the concept of tag-based multimedia back”.
Explanation: Traditionally,multimedia has been inserted with the embed and object elements, particularly when inserting Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, Windows Media, and other formats.
4. Consider the following markup and answer the question that follow.
<source src="html_5.mp4" type="video/mp4"> <source src="html_5.ogv" type="video/ogg">
What is the need to add multiple file formats for the same file?
a) To provide fallback support
b) To address the media support problem
c) To provide fallback support & address the media support problem
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: To address the media support problem, you need to add in alternative formats to use by including a number of source tags.
5. Consider the markup and answer the question that follow.
<? controls autobuffer autoplay> </?> Which HTML5 element can replace the "?" ? a) <audio> b) <video> c) <media> d) both <audio> & <video>
Explanation: As with the video element, you also have autobuffer and autoplay attributes for the audio element.
6. Which plugins can provide the fallback support for old browsers?
c) Both Flash andQuicktime
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: An attribute of the format: type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” will justify the purpose.
7. What more needs to be achieved to fulfil the promises of the Open Web Platform?
a) Security and Privacy
b) Performance and Tuning
c) Media and Real-Time Communications
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: W3C CEO Jeff Jaffe states that “now that HTML5 is done, W3C should do more to strengthen the parts of the Open Web Platform that developers most urgently need for success.
8. State whether the given statement is true or false. “HTML5 brings to the Web video and audio tracks without needing plugins”.
Explanation: The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) published a Recommendation of HTML5, the fifth major revision of the format used to build Web pages and applications, and the cornerstone of the Open Web Platform.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – HTML.
To practice all areas of HTML for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.