This set of HTML Quiz focuses on “Major HTML5 Themes”.
1. All elements are identified by their __________ and are marked up using either start tags and end tags or self-closing tags
a) attribute name
b) tag name
c) class name
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: The tagName property returns the tag name of the element. In HTML, the returned value of the tagName property is always in UPPERCASE.
2. The __________ element represents a span of text that is isolated from its surroundings for the purposes of bidirectional text formatting
Explanation: bdi stands for Bi-directional Isolation. This element is useful when embedding user-generated content with an unknown directionality.
3. The interactive element audio with the attribute controls must not appear as a descendant of which element?
d) both a and button
Explanation: The anchor and the button tag acts as link which cannot be a parent of audio element.
4. A ____________ element must have a start tag but must not have an end tag.
d) both a and b
Explanation: The command tag is new in HTML5 and specifies a normal command with an action.
5. Which type attribute of input element sets the element’s value to a string representing a number?
Explanation: The input element with a type attribute whose value is “range” represents an imprecise control for setting the element’s value to a string representing a number.
6. Which of the following type attributes of input element defines control for entering a telephone number?
Explanation: The input element with a type attribute whose value is “tel” represents a one-line plain-text edit control for entering a telephone number.
7. Which element represents a control for generating a public-private key pair?
Explanation: The keygen element represents a control for generating a public-private key pair and for submitting the public key from that key pair.
8. The World Wide Web’s markup language has always been HTML.
Explanation: The World Wide Web’s markup language has always been HTML. HTML was primarily designed as a language for semantically describing scientific documents, although its general design and adaptations over the years have enabled it to be used to describe a number of other types of documents.
9. Which element represents marked or highlighted text for reference purposes?
Explanation: The mark element represents a run of text in one document marked or highlighted for reference purposes, due to its relevance in another context.
10. Which element(s) represents a section of a document that links to other documents?
b) anchor tag
Explanation: The nav element represents a section of a page that links to other pages or to parts within the page: a section with navigation links.
11. Which of the following element marks the ruby text component of a ruby annotation?
Explanation: The rt element is the markup for ruby text.
12. Subtitle tracks and caption tracks to be specified for audio and video elements can be added using which of the following element?
Explanation: The track element enables supplementary media tracks such as subtitle tracks and caption tracks to be specified for audio and video elements.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – HTML.
To practice all areas of HTML for Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.