This set of R Programming Language Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Predictive Analytics”.
1. The IBM _________ analytics appliances combine high-capacity storage for Big Data with a massively-parallel processing platform for high-performance computing.
Explanation: IBM Watson is a system based on cognitive computing. With the addition of Revolution R Enterprise for IBM Netezza, you can use the power of the R language to build predictive models on Big Data.
2. ______ is an integrated hosted analytics platform for marketing insights, predictive models, and marketing optimization”
Explanation: LityxIQ allows marketers to automate the loading and managing multiple data sources, automatically build and manage predictive models, and optimize marketing budget and media decisions.
3. ________ is rapidly being adopted for computing descriptive and query types of analytics on Big data.
Explanation: However, it has a reputation for not being a suitable environment for high performance complex iterative algorithms such as logistic regression, generalized linear models, and decision trees.
4. _________ involves predicting a response with meaningful magnitude, such as quantity sold, stock price, or return on investment.
Explanation: Regression and classification are two common types predictive models.
5. Which of the following involves predicting a categorical response?
Explanation: Classification techniques are widely used in data mining to classify data.
6. Which of the following contains pre-built predictive tools?
Explanation: Alteryx Analytics, with deep integration of the R statistics and predictive language, offers a way to bridge these two worlds of ease of use and sophisticated predictive analytics.
7. __________ is proprietary tool for predictive analytics.
Explanation: SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics.
8. Which of the following is preferred for text analytics?
Explanation: pandas is an open source, BSD-licensed library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for the Python programming.
9. ______ is simplest class of analytics.
Explanation: Descriptive is the simplest class of analytics. Predictive analytics can only forecast what might happen in the future because all predictive analytics are probabilistic in nature.
Explanation: ZingChart lets you create HTML5 Canvas charts and more.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – R Programming Language.