This set of R Programming Language Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Install and Configure”.
1. Which language is best for the statistical environment?
Explanation: R is a popular programming language and environment for statistical computing, graphics and also predictive analysis. Dundas BI integrates with an existing R system at the data cube level via many transforms which you can use to perform data generation or data processing.
2. In order to use the R-related functionality in Dundas BI, you must have access to an existing _________
d) R server
Explanation: In order to use the R-related functionality in Dundas BI, we must have access to an existing R server. There are configuration settings in Dundas BI that allow administrators to specify the details for connecting to the external R server.
3. The open source _________ software is available for Unix, Linux, and Windows platforms.
Explanation: The open source Rserve (Binary R Server) software is available for Unix, Linux, and Windows platforms. However, due to limitations with the Windows version, it is not recommended for use outside of evaluation purposes.
4. Modification in Dundas BI is done ______________
c) Need access to Server
d) Not known
Explanation: We can view or modify configuration settings in Dundas BI through an administration screen, so there’s no need to access the Dundas BI server directly.
5. R has many functions regarding ________________
a) Statistics, Biotechnology
b) Probability, Microbiology
c) Distributions, Physics
d) Statistics, Probability, Distributions
Explanation: R has many functions for all types of mathematical objects. For example, Statistics, Probability, Distributions like Multivariate, Continuous, Simple, Discrete etc.
6. ___________ hosts many add-on packages that can be used to extend the functionality of R.
c) R studio
Explanation: The primary R system is available from the Comprehensive R Archive Network, also known as CRAN. CRAN also hosts many add-on packages that can be used to extend the functionality of R.
7. Which function is used to automatically vectorize?
Explanation: The mapply() function can be used to automatically “vectorize” a function. What this means is that it can be used to take a function that typically only takes single arguments and create a new function that can take vector arguments.
8. Which is simpler for statistical programming?
d) No language
Explanation: R (www.r-project.org) is a commonly used free Statistics software. R allows you to carry out statistical analyses in an interactive mode, as well as allowing simple programming.
9. A _______________ is a variable that holds one value at a time.
a) Scalar variable
Explanation: A scalar variable was a variable which holds one value at a time. It is a single component which assumes a range of number or string values. A scalar value is associated with every point in space.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – R Programming Language.