Here is next set of Practice Questions on Linux and will be useful for anyone learning Linux Basics, Essentials and/or Administration. This practice set focuses on Linux administration on Startup & Shutdown areas and related commands.
1. Which of the following is not a valid run-level
2. On Linux, initrd is a file
a) Containing root file-system required during bootup
b) Contains only scripts to be executed during bootup
c) Contains root-file system and drivers required to be preloaded during bootup
d) None of the mentioned
3. Which is loaded into memory when system is booted?
4. The process of starting up a computer is known as
a) Boot Loading
b) Boot Record
c) Boot Strapping
5. Bootstrapping is also known as
a) Quick boot
b) Cold boot
c) Hot boot
d) Fast boot
6. The shell used for Single user mode shell is:
7. Single user mode shell runs as
a) Admin user
b) Root user
c) Normal user
d) Log user
8. Which is the only partition mounted in Single user mode
9. Which daemon manages the physical memory by moving process from physical memory to swap space when more physical memory is needed.
a) Sched daemon
b) Swap daemon
c) Init daemon
d) Process daemon
10. At the end of kernel bootstrap, which process is started?
11. The process id of init process is:
12. Which file is read by init to get the default runlevel
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Linux Administration & Programming.
To practice all questions on Linux Administration & Programming, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers on Linux.