This set of Cyber Security Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Popular Tools used in Security – 1”.
1. Which of the following attach is not used by LC4 to recover Windows password?
a) Brute-force attack
b) Dictionary attack
c) MiTM attack
d) Hybrid attacks
Explanation: LC4 is a password auditing and recovery tool; used for testing strength of a password and also helps in recovering lost Microsoft Windows passwords using a hybrid attack, brute-force attack as well as using a dictionary attack.
2. ____________is the world’s most popular vulnerability scanner used in companies for checking vulnerabilities in the network.
Explanation: Nessus is a popular and proprietary network vulnerability scanning tool developed by Tenable Network Security. It helps in easily identifying vulnerabilities and fix them, which includes missing patches and software flaws.
3. _____________ is a tool which can detect registry issues in an operating system.
a) Network Stumbler
d) LANguard Network Security Scanner
Explanation: LANguard Network Security Scanner helps in monitoring networks by scanning connected machines to provide information for every node. It can also be used for identifying registry issues.
4. Network Stumbler is a Windows Wi-Fi monitoring tool.
Explanation: Network Stumbler is a popular tool that helps in detecting WLANs and helps hackers in finding non-broadcasting wireless networks. It is popularly used as Wi-Fi scanning and monitoring tool for Windows.
5. ToneLoc is abbreviated as __________
a) Tone Locking
b) Tone Locator
c) Tone Locker
d) Tune Locator
Explanation: ToneLoc is a popular and primitive tool written for MS-DOS users. It is basically used by malicious attackers to guess user accounts, finding entry points in modems and locating modems connected in the network.
6. __________ is a debugger and exploration tool.
Explanation: Netcat is an easy Unix utility that helps in reading and writing data across network connections, using TCP or UDP protocol. It is popularly used as a debugger and exploration tool that is found free for Windows and Mac OS also.
7. __________ is a popular command-line packet analyser.
Explanation: Tcpdump is a popular command-line network packet analyzer. It allows its user in displaying TCP / IP as well as other data packets being transmitted or received over the computer network.
8. ________________ is a platform that essentially keeps the log of data from networks, devices as well as applications in a single location.
a) EventLog Analyser
d) PacketFilter Analyzer
Explanation: EventLog Analyser is a tool that basically keeps the log of data from networks, devices as well as applications in a single location. Latest encryption techniques are used for securing its stored data.
9. ______________ is competent to restore corrupted Exchange Server Database files as well as recovering unapproachable mails in mailboxes.
c) Mailbox Exchange Recovery
d) Mail Exchange Recovery toolkit
Explanation: Mailbox Exchange Recovery is competent to restore corrupted Exchange Server Database files as well as recovering unapproachable mails in mailboxes. This tool is popularly used by ethical hackers and cyber-forensics investigators in recovering emails, calendars, attachments, contacts from inaccessible mail-servers.
10. ________________ helps in protecting businesses against data breaches that may make threats to cloud.
b) Mailbox Exchange Recovery
Explanation: Centrify helps in protecting businesses against data breaches that may make threats to the cloud. This is done by securing Centrify users by providing internal, external and privileged users.
11. __________ is a popular corporate security tool that is used to detect the attack on email with cloud only services.
a) Cain and Abel
c) Angry IP Scanner
Explanation: Proofpoint is a popular corporate security tool that is used to detect an attack on email with cloud-only services. It help firms detect attack vectors and loopholes in different security systems through which attackers may gain access.
12. _____________ helps in protecting corporate data, communications and other assets.
c) Burp Suit
Explanation: CipherCloud helps in protecting corporate data, different communications as well as other assets. This includes anti-virus scanning facility, encryption & traffic monitoring. In addition, it provides mobile security support also.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Cyber Security.
To practice all areas of Cyber Security, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.