This set of Cyber Security Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Hacking Terminologies – 1”.
1. ________ is any action that might compromise cyber-security.
Explanation: Threat can be termed as a possible danger that may lead to breach the cyber security and may cause possible harm to the system or the network.
2. Existence of weakness in a system or network is called _______
Explanation: Vulnerability is the term used to define weakness in any network or system that can get exploited by an attacker. Exploiting the weakness can lead to the unexpected & undesirable event in cyber security.
3. When any IT product, system or network is in need for testing for security reasons, then the term used is called _________
c) Target of Evaluation
Explanation: Target of Evaluation is the term used when any IT infrastructure, system, network require evaluation for security reasons or for fixing any bugs after being tested by penetration testers.
4. An/A ________ is an act that violates cyber-security.
Explanation: An “attack” or “cyber-attack” is an attempt taken by attackers to alter, delete, steal or expose any specific data by gaining unauthorized access.
5. ________ is a way to breach the security by using the vulnerability of that system.
Explanation: An exploit can be any data, piece of code, a program, sequence of commands or any software that uses the vulnerability or flaw of a system and helps attackers or cyber-criminals cause unanticipated behaviour.
6. _________ is an act of hacking by the means of which a political or social message is conveyed.
Explanation: Hacktivism is an act of defacing a website, or any network or system. Systems and networks are compromised with a political or social agenda.
7. _______ is the method of developing or creating a structurally similar yet unauthentic and illegitimate data of any firm or company.
a) Data copying
b) Data masking
c) Data breaching
d) Data duplicating
Explanation: Data masking is the method used for developing or creating a structurally similar version of data of any organization that is not authentic. These types of unauthentic data are purposefully created for protecting the actual data.
8. Data masking is also known as _________
a) Data obfuscation
b) Data copying
c) Data breaching
d) Data duplicating
Explanation: Data obfuscation is the alternate term used for data masking, that is used for developing or creating a structurally similar version of data of any organization that is not authentic. These types of unauthentic data are purposefully created for protecting the actual data.
9. ________ automates an action or attack so that repetitive tasks are done at a faster rate.
Explanation: Bots are a set of codes written which helps to perform repetitive tasks at a much faster rate than humans.
10. Backdoors are also known as ____________
a) Trap doors
b) Front doors
c) Cover doors
d) Back entry
Explanation: Trap-doors are hidden entry points in any already hacked system that is set to bypass security measures.
11. Adware are pre-chosen _______ developed to display ads.
Explanation: Adware is software that is displayed on system or web pages for showing pre-chosen ads.
12. ________ is an attack technique occurs when excess data gets written to a memory block.
a) Over buffering
c) Buffer overflow
d) Memory full
Explanation: Buffer overflow is a flaw that occurs in memory when excessive data is written which makes the buffer allocated to seize.
13. Finding & publishing any user’s identity with the help of different personal details is called ________
b) Data breaching
c) Personal data copying
d) Secure File Transferring Protocol
Explanation: When an identity of internet user is discovered and published by following his/her details over the internet is called doxing.
14. In IP address, IP is abbreviated as __________
a) Internet Program
b) Internet Protocol
c) Intuition Programs
d) Internet Pathway
Explanation: In IP Address, IP is abbreviated as Internet Protocol. It acts as a unique address or identifier of any computer or device in the internet.
15. Whaling is the technique used to take deep and _________ information about any individual.
Explanation: Whaling uses phishing technique which helps hackers in stealing deep and sensitive information about any member of an organization. The information can be private addresses, phone number, future plans and projects, salary and bonuses.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Cyber Security.
To practice all areas of Cyber Security, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.