This set of Advanced Cyber Security Questions and Answers focuses on “How Security Breach Takes Place”.
1. ___________ is an activity that takes place when cyber-criminals infiltrates any data source and takes away or alters sensitive information.
c) Database altering
d) Data breach
Explanation: Data breach an activity that takes place when cyber-criminals infiltrates any data source and takes away or alters sensitive information. This is either done using a network to steal all local files or get access physically to a system.
2. Which of these is not a step followed by cyber-criminals in data breaching?
a) Research and info-gathering
b) Attack the system
c) Fixing the bugs
Explanation: During a hack, the cyber-criminals first do a research on the victim gathers information on the victim’s system as well as network. Then perform the attack. Once the attacker gains access it steals away confidential data.
3. What types of data are stolen by cyber-criminals in most of the cases?
a) Data that will pay once sold
b) Data that has no value
c) Data like username and passwords only
d) Data that is old
Explanation: Usually, cyber-criminals steal those data that are confidential and adds value once they are sold to the dark-market or in different deep web sites. Even these days, different companies buy customer data at large for analyzing data and gain profit out of it.
4. Which of the companies and organizations do not become the major targets of attackers for data stealing?
a) Business firms
b) Medical and Healthcare
c) Government and secret agencies
Explanation: Attackers target large organizations and firms that consists of business firms, financial corporations, medical and healthcare firms, government and secret agencies, banking sectors. They’ve valuable information which can cost them huge so major targets for hackers focuses such firms only.
5. ___________ will give you an USB which will contain ___________ that will take control of your system in the background.
a) Attackers, Trojans
b) White hat hackers, antivirus
c) White hat hackers, Trojans
d) Attackers, antivirus
Explanation: To do a security breaching in your system, your friend or anyone whom you deal with may come up with a USB drive and will give you to take from you some data. But that USB drive may contain Trojan that will get to your computer once triggered. So try using updated antivirus in your system.
6. An attacker, who is an employee of your firm may ___________ to know your system password.
a) do peeping
b) perform network jamming
c) do shoulder surfing
d) steal your laptop
Explanation: An attacker, who is an employee of your firm may do shoulder surfing to know your system password. Shoulder surfing is a social engineering technique used to secretly peep to gain knowledge of your confidential information.
7. You may throw some confidential file in a dustbin which contains some of your personal data. Hackers can take your data from that thrown-away file also, using the technique _________
a) Dumpster diving
b) Shoulder surfing
Explanation: Dumpster diving is a social engineering technique used by hackers to grab your personal and confidential data from that thrown-away file also. Using these data attackers may use password guessing or fraud calls (if they find your personal phone number).
8. ATM Skimmers are used to take your confidential data from your ATM cards.
Explanation: ATM card skimmers are set up by attackers in ATM machines which look exactly same but that secretly inserted machine will take information from the magnetic strip of your card and store it in its memory card or storage chip.
9. _____________ will encrypt all your system files and will ask you to pay a ransom in order to decrypt all the files and unlock the system.
Explanation: Ransomware is special types of malware that will infect your system, compromise all data by encrypting them and will pop up asking you for a ransom which will be in the form of Bitcoins (so that the attacker do not get tracked) and once the ransom is paid, it will release all files.
10. ______________ are special malware programs written by elite hackers and black hat hackers to spy your mobile phones and systems.
Explanation: Spywares are special malware programs written by elite hackers and black hat hackers to spies your mobile phones and systems. This program secretly spy on the target system or user and takes their browsing activities, app details and keeps track of their physical locations.
11. The antivirus or PC defender software in a system helps in detecting virus and Trojans.
Explanation: The antivirus or PC defender software in a system helps in detecting virus and Trojans provided the antivirus or the defender application needs to be up-to-date.
12. Clicking a link which is there in your email which came from an unknown source can redirect you to ____________ that automatically installs malware in your system.
a) that vendor’s site
b) security solution site
c) malicious site
d) software downloading site
Explanation: Clicking a link which is there in your email which came from an unknown source can redirect you to a malicious site that will automatically install malware in your system. The mail will be sent by the attacker.
13. An attacker may use automatic brute forcing tool to compromise your ____________
b) employee ID
c) system / PC name
Explanation: In most of the cases, the attacker uses automated brute force tools for compromising your PIN or password. This makes fetching of your password easier by a combination of different letters as a trial-and-error approach.
14. The attacker will use different bots (zombie PCs) to ping your system and the name of the attack is _________________
a) Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS)
b) Permanent Denial-of-Service (PDoS)
c) Denial-of-Service (DoS)
d) Controlled Denial-of-Service (CDoS)
Explanation: Here the attacker uses multiple PCs and floods the bandwidth/resources of the victim’s system, (usually 1 or many web-servers). The attack uses zombie PCs and each of the PC’s are remotely controlled by the attacker.
15. Illicit hackers may enter your personal area or room or cabin to steal your laptop, pen drive, documents or other components to make their hands dirty on your confidential information.
Explanation: Illicit hackers may enter your personal area or room or cabin to steal your laptop, pen drive, documents or other components to make their hands dirty on your confidential information. This type of hacking comes under physical hacking.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Cyber Security.
To practice advanced questions and answers on all areas of Cyber Security, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.