Our 1000+ Bioinformatics questions and answers focuses on all areas of Bioinformatics subject covering 100+ topics in Bioinformatics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Bioinformatics. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Bioinformatics comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Bioinformatics interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Bioinformatics with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Bioinformatics Subject
Who should Practice these Bioinformatics Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Bioinformatics Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Bioinformatics
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Bioinformatics Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions and answers protein motfis, motif and domain databases using regular expressions and statistical models, protein family databases, global and local sequence alignment, dot matrix sequence comparison and bayesian statistics.
2. Questions on Pairwise Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions on sequence homology versus sequence similarity, methods and statistical significance of sequence alignment.
Sequence Homology Versus Sequence Similarity and Identity
|Statistical Significance of Sequence Alignment|
3. Questions & Answers on Multiple Sequence Alignment
The section contains questions and answers on exhaustive and heuristic algorithms, wunsch algorithm, progressive and iterative methods of multiple sequence alignment, sequences localized alignment, aiding alignment statistical methods and specific scoring matrices.
4. Questions on Database Similarity Searching
The section contains questions on heuristic database searching, blast, fasta, smith – waterman method, fasta and blast comparison.
Heuristic Database Searching
Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST)
Comparison of FASTA and BLAST
Database Searching with the Smith – Waterman Method
5. Questions & Answers on Structural Bioinformatics
The section contains questions and answers on protein structure basics and structural visualization, protein structure comparison and classification.
Protein Structure Basics
Protein Structural Visualization
Protein Structure Comparison
Protein Structure Classification
6. Questions on Secondary Structure Prediction
The section contains questions on protein secondary structure prediction, secondary structure and coiled coil prediction.
Protein Secondary Structure Prediction for Globular Proteins
Secondary Structure Prediction for Transmembrane Proteins
|Coiled Coil Prediction|
7. Questions & Answers on Protein Tertiary Structure Prediction
The section contains questions and answers on ab initio protein structural prediction, threading and fold recognition.
|Ab Initio Protein Structural Prediction & Homology Modeling||Threading and Fold Recognition|
8. Questions on RNA Structure Prediction
The section contains questions on rna structures, rna secondary structure prediction methods, ab initio and comparative approach, performance evaluation, prediction limitations, energy method and free grammars, rna genomes and rna structure modeling applications.
9. Questions & Answers on Genome Mapping, Assembly and Comparison
The section contains questions and answers on genome mapping and sequencing, genome sequence assembly, genome annotation and comparative genomics.
Genome Sequence Assembly
10. Questions on Functional Genomics & Proteomics
The section contains questions on sequence and microarray based approaches, sage and dna microarrays comparison, protein expression analysis, post translational modification, protein sorting and interactions.
Sequence – Based Approaches
Comparison of SAGE and DNA Microarrays
Technology of Protein Expression Analysis
Post Translational Modification
11. Questions & Answers on Molecular Phylogenetics
The section contains questions and answers on phylogenetics basics, tree representation forms, gene phylogeny versus species phylogeny.
Gene Phylogeny Versus Species Phylogeny
|Forms of Tree Representation|
12. Questions on Phylogenetic Tree Construction Methods and Programs
The section contains questions on distance and character based methods, phylogenetic tree evaluation and programs, maximum parsimony method, maximum likelihood approach and reliability of phylogenetic predictions.
Distance Based Methods
Character Based Methods
Phylogenetic Tree Evaluation
Maximum Parsimony Method
The Maximum Likelihood Approach
Reliability of Phylogenetic Predictions
13. Questions & Answers on Gene and Promoter Prediction
The section contains questions and answers on gene prediction programs categories, gene prediction in prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
Categories of Gene Prediction Programs
Gene Prediction in Prokaryotes
Gene Prediction in Eukaryotes – 1
Gene Prediction in Eukaryotes – 2
14. Questions on Promoter and Regulatory Element Prediction
The sections covers questions on prediction algorithms, promoter and regulatory elements in prokaryotes & eukaryotes.
Promoter and Regulatory Elements in Prokaryotes & Eukaryotes
Prediction Algorithms – 1
Prediction Algorithms – 2
Prediction Algorithms – 3
15. Questions & Answers on Predicting the Structure of Protein – Biomolecular Interactions
The section contains questions and answers on molecular complementarity, conformational flexibility, evaluation of models & visualization methods.
|Evaluation of Models & Visualization Methods|
16. Questions on Global Approaches for Studying Protein – Protein Interactions
The section contains questions on protein and domain interactions, gene order use and phylogeny to predict protein.
Protein – Protein Interactions
Structural Analyses of Domain Interactions
|The Use of Gene Order & Phylogeny to Predict Protein – Protein Interactions|
17. Questions & Answers on Predicting the Structure of Protein – Biomolecular Interactions
The section contains questions and answers on dna and genomic sequencing, cdna libraries of expressed genes, sequence formats and storage, database access program, genemo anatomy, comparative genomics, sequence assembly and gene identification.
18. Questions on Genome Analysis
The section contains questions on genes functional classification, global gene regulation and gene function prediction.
Functional Classification of Genes
Global Gene Regulation
|Prediction of Gene Function Based on a Composite Analysis|
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Bioinformatics!